• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Why are we making fun of a Dutch drum ensemble? :rolleyes:

Question: Why are we making fun of a Dutch drum ensemble? :rolleyes:

Just what I was thinking...this uppity attitude is what turns off many marching band members to drum corps. Guys march a corps then go back to band and rather than displaying humility they start to insult others because they're not up to DCI standards. Are we so insecure that we have to ridicule our fellow musicians to feel good about ourselves. I was taught (by Scott Johnson) that you can learn something about your craft from anyone. These guys are having fun making music...give them a break. :ph34r:

What's quite odd here is that they seem to be doing some mutant version of Electric Wheelchair. To be honest, I was really surprised how dirty they were this late in the season.

Go figure.

What's the over/under on how long this clip will stay?

MWHAHAHAHA!!!!

By the way that piece is not even similar to Electric Wheelchair...the intro they played is probably taken from Legend of the One Eyed Sailor, which Murray used as the intro for EWC.

Are we so insecure that we have to ridicule our fellow musicians to feel good about ourselves.

Short answer: Yes.

And, I am sad to report, this also happens at all levels, from amateur community bands to professional symphony orchestras, from high school band to college bands. And, also sad, it is not confined to the young...I have seen well-respected Directors of Bands at major universities tearing apart other people and other ensembles in an effort to make themselves look better.

Human nature at one of its low points.

I thought it was a decent performance, myself...the tenors need to look a bit less forced in their playing, but other than that my only real complaint was it was VERY repetitive....I kinda got a Top Secret Drum Corps vibe off of it.

What were the sizes of those snares??? Looked smaller than concert ones.

i could use some of those snare stands right now grrr