Official BD's lot clip on YouTube!

By the way that piece is not even similar to Electric Wheelchair...the intro they played is probably taken from Legend of the One Eyed Sailor, which Murray used as the intro for EWC.

Are you aware your comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you aware your comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?

Actually, it DOES make sense....listen to 76 BD playing "Legend" and you'll hear the intro (which is actually from ANOTHER Mangione tune, "Children of Sanchez")....

In fact....the famous "darlls-bar" drum lick in the 80-84 BD tag ending came for the end of their version of "Legend."

I'm just wondering why the OP talks about Electric Wheelchair, then calls them "The Blue Devils".

Actually, it DOES make sense....listen to 76 BD playing "Legend" and you'll hear the intro (which is actually from ANOTHER Mangione tune, "Children of Sanchez")....

In fact....the famous "darlls-bar" drum lick in the 80-84 BD tag ending came for the end of their version of "Legend."

actually theres alot places that intro could have come from. observe the following video at about 2:50, where steve gadd begins his solo. also ive listened to a couple versions of children of sanchez and there is nothing in there that remotely sounds like electric wheelchair. either than or im misunderstanding you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6b_nBM-V8

i dont know when the above vid was filmed. but judging by the mullets and crazy thick glasses it looks like it could have been seventies. and i know gusseck is a fan of these three guys, and you can hear matching wheelchair stuff throughout the vid. so my bet is this is the source... or rather these artists. unless you can tell me where stevie got the idea to play it.

also for the original topic/vid. did anybody else pick up that the audio track is pre-recorded. i find that a little lame.

Edited by karl E. Hungus

actually theres alot places that intro could have come from. observe the following video at about 2:50, where steve gadd begins his solo. also ive listened to a couple versions of children of sanchez and there is nothing in there that remotely sounds like electric wheelchair. either than or im misunderstanding you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6b_nBM-V8

i dont know when the above vid was filmed. but judging by the mullets and crazy thick glasses it looks like it could have been seventies. and i know gusseck is a fan of these three guys, and you can hear matching wheelchair stuff throughout the vid. so my bet is this is the source... or rather these artists. unless you can tell me where stevie got the idea to play it.

also for the original topic/vid. did anybody else pick up that the audio track is pre-recorded. i find that a little lame.

He states in his exercise book that he took the intro from Legend of the One Eyed Sailor, so I'm assuming from that, that he took it from Legend.

But that's just me.

He states in his exercise book that he took the intro from Legend of the One Eyed Sailor, so I'm assuming from that, that he took it from Legend.

But that's just me.

yeah i know i have it. but for the rest of the cadence? and who wrote the original one eyed sailor? i just like making the connections between music. but never mind it makes no difference. we were talking about dutch stick flipping.

That's some sweet matched grip/eighth note/backstacking

In before the close (or edit). Remember the rules about posting links to YOUTUBE.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...showtopic=99044

You do realize it's not an actual DCI video, right?