NEW ALL-AGE CORPS FORMING

Yes....you ARE reading it right...a NEW All-Age corps is forming in the San Fernando Valley!

We are still in the VERY early planning stages, but we’re looking at a very good chance of a home at Kennedy High School in Granada Hills, could have access to facilities AND some equipment.

Corps name not determined yet (I favor “Team Blue” myself, but we’ll need to talk about that!)

Working toward the goal of fielding for the ‘08 season at Class A size (although tour plans do NOT involve leaving SoCal for the time being).

Interested parties feel free to drop me a PM or an email ( homfencing@hotmail.com ), as we will be needing people to fill out the BOD as well as instructional, admin, and performance slots and make this work.

One thing I want to make VERY clear here...I do NOT want, and will not allow, a repeat of what happened between Skyliners and Fusion Core...I would’ve preferred to be located farther away from SoCal Dream to avoid any potential membership conflicts, but I REALLY can’t argue with my own corps being 5 miles from home!

It will be policy that there shall be NO recruiting of anyone who is currently marching with any other corps...I want to beat other corps on the field...not the in process of getting there (which only hurts us all). This is aimed primarily at anyone who might try to recruit someone out of SoCal Dream, but it would also apply to members of Impulse, VK, etc.

So if you want to march again, always wanted to and never did, or are just curious....let me know!

First planning meeting will take place after DCI finals.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More corps! YAY!

Oh definitely! One thing SoCal Dream has lacked is a local group to go directly against...Renegades aren't quite the same, and we only saw RCR some of the time because of the distance involved....one reason BD and SCV are such powerhouses is they pushed each other.

SCD's done great things working in a bit of a vacuum (you don't win brass in a freakin' monsoon if you aren't doing SOMETHING right!), but having a local direct competitor will only help both groups.

I fully expect, however, to get spanked by SCD for a while until we catch up.

Edited by 84BDsop

Humility is an awesome thing, but I would expect this new corps to attempt to spank the competition.

Good luck!

Yes....you ARE reading it right...a NEW All-Age corps is forming in the San Fernando Valley!

We are still in the VERY early planning stages, but we’re looking at a very good chance of a home at Kennedy High School in Granada Hills, could have access to facilities AND some equipment.

Corps name not determined yet (I favor “Team Blue” myself, but we’ll need to talk about that!)

Working toward the goal of fielding for the ‘08 season at Class A size (although tour plans do NOT involve leaving SoCal for the time being).

Interested parties feel free to drop me a PM or an email ( homfencing@hotmail.com ), as we will be needing people to fill out the BOD as well as instructional, admin, and performance slots and make this work.

One thing I want to make VERY clear here...I do NOT want, and will not allow, a repeat of what happened between Skyliners and Fusion Core...I would’ve preferred to be located farther away from SoCal Dream to avoid any potential membership conflicts, but I REALLY can’t argue with my own corps being 5 miles from home!

It will be policy that there shall be NO recruiting of anyone who is currently marching with any other corps...I want to beat other corps on the field...not the in process of getting there (which only hurts us all). This is aimed primarily at anyone who might try to recruit someone out of SoCal Dream, but it would also apply to members of Impulse, VK, etc.

So if you want to march again, always wanted to and never did, or are just curious....let me know!

Excellent! You definitely have a large enough population there to support two corps so, hopefully it WILL work.

Congrats! Great idea!

Rice

Excellent! You definitely have a large enough population there to support two corps so, hopefully it WILL work.

Congrats! Great idea!

Rice

Thanks...Dave Tautkas -- the director at Kennedy who I'm partnering with -- said he'd mentioned the possibility to another director at a different school and was asked why not another Jr corp instead of a Sr?

My feeling on that it that Mystikal, Impulse, Velvet Knights, and Gold are already fighting for members...I feel there's a larger potential member base in the all-age category, and a new jr would dilute the potential member base further...plus the financial demands aren't quite as high.

Besides...I still wanna perform myself!

Another new corps is a good thing. Best of luck with your project! Do keep us posted.

Question -

Steroids or HGH. Would either impact or affect the performance of an all age corps and if so...how much? Would you be willing to take them if you were guaranteed a performance enhancement.? And...if not deemed illegal in the field of competition, would you consider them immoral?

:P

Just kidding. Best of luck to you BDSop Almost makes me wish I played.....or lived in the Valley! Go get 'em!

HONK!!!!!!!