Hehe, I guess I need more beer then.

Here's one for you too: :mmm:

Did you bring enough for everyone???

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Colts have anywhere near the demand musically or visually that the Academy has. I really enjoyed the Colts sweet sounding hornline, but ultimately I don't see their show design having the legs to stick with Academy.

Academy needs to dial the hornline back a couple of notches. They get pretty crass at times and are having significant intonation issues.

Wow... Academy

That was a great show in my opinion. The thing that I am left with most after seeing it is.... there is a lot of stuff in that show that I've never seen in a drum corps show. Great innovation. This is exactly what DCI needs. I don't think they were over hyped at all.... they were way better than I expected. them to be. And that music.... in my opinion, the demand is way above the other corps at their level.

well!! im not sure what 2 say about academy seen them twice in one night! I'm left a bit cold hate the ending! 2 much stops and starts! I will prob love them come august but just feels like a little disjointed for me!

Ending is unsatisfactory...staff has to write a better ending...

Ah, to all age-outs then..

This round is on me

:mmm:

Thanks!

never mind...

Edited by Lancerlady

close up of bk's new guard uni's aren'r flattering when its just a sports bra and tights..... wonder why that one didn't have the same as the others

I liked Academy earlier (though not nearly as much as SOME of the judges) and I think I liked them a bit more tonight ... but not as much as Colts, and maybe not even Glassmen. (waaay more than Spirit, though).

High brass is a little "ouchy" at times, and the first couple tunes are REALLY disjointed and abrupt. I don't quite get the storyline, per se, but that's not a big deal -- I don't get "that" lots of times.

Seem like a good bet for "Top 13" but I think Blue Stars will still give everyone a good run.

So ... 10th place -- not in my opinion, but a Finalist is a good bet!! Remind me of my Bluecoats in the late 1980s when they first came on the scene sniffing Saturday night!!!

Nice job for their "first time" -- here's hoping they continue it after this year!!!

Edited by BlueR36