San Antonio Webcast HQ

After looking more objectively at the show, I can see how its close to Colts and Glassmen....but I think the disjointed nature of it may come into play later on in the season, where are Dubuque and Toledo can add a little more.

The kids sell it, that's for sure.

I agree.

The Colts just have a great vehicle to work with.

When that's clean..

Mmm

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I enjoyed the Acadamy's show, and it is clean, but the horn sound just does not do it for me. They are loud, but the quality seems very off for a corps at this level. It will be interesting to see how things shake out during the next two weeks.

:blink: That...caught me off guard. Aye. Man, the brass technique was all over the map. I don't think they can fix that by August. Edited by lyrictenorsc

Nice drill from Academy. To me, it seems slow in parts. There were a few cool jazz run moments that I really liked.

But all I really heard was loud.... and not the good kind of loud. Lots of soprano players with lasers on the ends of their horns and not a lot of dynamic range.

So... clean drill... but I'm not sold yet. I guess the comparison to BK, Colts and GLASSMEN just doesn't add up for me.

Granted, there's good stuff going on there, but yeah.

well!! im not sure what 2 say about academy seen them twice in one night! I'm left a bit cold hate the ending! 2 much stops and starts! I will prob love them come august but just feels like a little disjointed for me!

Edited by cat699

How does Academy get the horn line's heads to bob up and down like that when they march?

Cute.

Gee! What a surprise. <**>

After looking more objectively at the show, I can see how its close to Colts and Glassmen....but I think the disjointed nature of it may come into play later on in the season, whereas Dubuque and Toledo can add a little more.

The kids sell it, that's for sure.

I agree..Kids are going for it out there....I can also see how they are close with Glassmen...But still not with The Colts..The Colts just seem a step ahead of the two in my eyes..

Academy: Good music but probably low Music ensemble scores. Guard struggled with execution. Overall nice!

I will say that hearing them over the internet isn't doing the hornline justice to some of the tongueing the horn line does.....