Congratulations to the Blue Devils

After winning the Southeastern Regional Championships in Atlanta, Georgia, the Blue Devils have now followed that up with the Southwestern Regional Championships in San Antonio tonight. I was VERY impressed with the power, precision, innovation, creativity, most importantly, the absolute flow to this show from start to finish. This is by far my personal favorite show this season. It is a masterpiece, and wondefully performed and executed. I see the the Blue Devils winning the DCI Title this year. This is an awesome Drum Corps this year. But without getting ahead of ourselves, lets all congratulate the Blue Devils as Champions again tonight.

Edited by X DM

Well said. I see a consistency in all their captions this year. Regardless the outcome, it is going to be a good year for them. Go BD!!!!

im so with you on this. Some people think the show is boring. but i think its their best show since 03 and thats saying a lot cuz i thought 04 was amazing and got robbed with the silver medal. GREAT JOB DEVS! DO IT UP DEVILS!

I love the segment with the BD brass marching and playing to a faster cadence , with the percussion line in back marching at a slower cadence in back. So cool ! BD does a TON of subtle stuff in their show that is hard but they make it look so easy. This is the best fundamentally sound marching technique BD Corps I've seen in quite awhile. Spacing, coverage, alignment, feet, movements,etc all look crisp and visual patterns are all hit on target. They are the best marching Drum Corps in DCI this year in my opinion. Even the BD percussion line doesn't waddle, but keeps tight in their marching movements.. If BD gets their brass line to clean a little more, tweaks the execution level of the guard, I see a title here for BD this year. They have the whole package. Great theme, flowing show,, and well executed.

Edited by X DM

i like their show, but i find their last 2 mins of their show kinda goes, and goes and goes.... with no real payoff.....I like their show but as an Alum, can't see it winning in the end..... My 2 cents ( if it's worth even that much)

i like their show, but i find their last 2 mins of their show kinda goes, and goes and goes.... with no real payoff.

The payoff would seem to be another blue stone in the DCI rings this year. ^0^

The payoff would seem to be another blue stone in the DCI rings this year. ^0^

The way I look at it, if a Corps wins a national title they can put blue stone rings in their ears, navels, noses or wherever they want. I've never heard of a football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc National Champion where the Coaches and players don't prominently display their Championship ring.. It's a sense of well deserved pride for an incredible achievement. A ring does not define a person. But it defines their accomplishment. And I see nothing wrong with it's prominent display by members.

Edited by X DM

After winning the Southeastern Regional Championships in Atlanta, Georgia, the Blue Devils have now followed that up with the Southwestern Regional Championships in San Antonio tonight. I was VERY impressed with the power, precision, innovation, creativity, most importantly, the absolute flow to this show from start to finish. This is by far my personal favorite show this season. It is a masterpiece, and wondefully performed and executed. I see the the Blue Devils winning the DCI Title this year. This is an awesome Drum Corps this year. But without getting ahead of ourselves, lets all congratulate the Blue Devils as Champions again tonight.

I'll second that. And once again, WEST IS BEST!