I & E Questions

I have been to some I&E performances, but it has been over 20 years so I have some questions which I do not see the answers to on DCI's site.

Is it still free?

Will DCI likely post a schedule on their website before the competition? Is there somewhere else I should look for a schedule? How long before the event has the schedule generally shown up?

Do they still have a "Showcase of Champions" exhibition, or some other performance by the winners? Does anyone know where this would be held?

Edited by VKMello84

Last time i went it was free, there wasnt a schedule till that day, and they had the winners perform later that night, i think. But this was back in 2000.

I have been to some I&E performances, but it has been over 20 years so I have some questions which I do not see the answers to on DCI's site.

Is it still free?

Will DCI likely post a schedule on their website before the competition? Is there somewhere else I should look for a schedule? How long before the event has the schedule generally shown up?

Do they still have a "Showcase of Champions" exhibition, or some other performance by the winners? Does anyone know where this would be held?

I believe it's still free. You'll be lucky to find a schedule before the day of the event. When I won in '05, all we did was line-up on the front of the field to receive our medals, and I think that was on Semifinals night, though I don't remember for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
When I won in '05, all we did was line-up on the front of the field to receive our medals, and I think that was on Semifinals night, though I don't remember for sure.

exactly how it was in 2003 as well...i do remember one year DCI posting where in town the events would be, but that was when there were multiple locations

Bump again

Does anyone know about parking? Paseo's parking is...eh...rather sucky. I mean yes there's space, but I hate paying that much for parking. Is the conference center going to open up their structure? Or are we going to be forced to pay for Paseo?

Bump again

Does anyone know about parking? Paseo's parking is...eh...rather sucky. I mean yes there's space, but I hate paying that much for parking. Is the conference center going to open up their structure? Or are we going to be forced to pay for Paseo?

I always thought that Paseo's parking was the Conference Center's parking.

Nah, I parked in the Conference center's parking structure for Blast when they came by. At least I think it's the conference center..it's just another whole structure that's right across the street where the conference center is...and it was free.

Edited by gwai lo

I am a Drum Corps newbie for the most part so someone please explain what I&E is?