Will the Bluecoats pass the Cavies?

Give me a break. It is called CONFIDENCE.

That's good, too. My point is it's something you don't see on the scoresheets, but all the top corps have it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluecoats should beat the Cavaliers at Finals. By should I mean: They have a better show overall, their music is much better, their guard is better, and they have the drill to beat Cavies (and to win the championship.)

Agree with you on everything but the drill. This is prob the best drill 'Coats have had (or at least as good as last year's), but it is not a match for Cavvies. The more I watch the Bluecoats, the more I come to the sad realization that visual is going to hold them back from a ring this year.

High Brass and top 3 placement, though, are still fantastic accomplishments and VERY attainable.

I honestly think that Bluecoats will pass ONE of the current top 3. Which one is a mystery because they are still so close. They still lack a little confidence (swagger) but they are WAY more confident than last year at this point.

They could pass the Cadets - if Cadets guard doesn't get it together. I also think the Cadets could win it all. Everything else is in place for them. No one improves more during Finals week than Cadets. NEVER count them out.

They could pass Cavaliers - if Cavaliers don't get it together musically. I also think that if the Cavaliers "music" (verb) as well as they "visual" (verb) they could win it all too.

They could pass Blue Devils - if Devils don't continue to dominate the Effect captions. When everyone else begins MAXING out their effects I'm not sure BDs program will seem all that spectacular. I don't get it because the back half of that show is a sleeper. We'll see. They could win too - but it won't be on the strength of music.

Bluecoats are strong across the board - except color guard - which continues to improve. They are poised to make a move while riding on the music numbers. Clarify and clean and we'll see how the Effect numbers increase. Will that be enough? Watch the GE captions. They should be VERY close on Saturday night. I still think ONE of those top 3 is vulnerable because Bluecoats have the vehicle, talent and experience to make the end of the season push. However, they could easily end up 4th... or 5th if Crown gains a little confidence - that show ROCKS and they are GREAT! ...or 6th if Regiment refuses to roll over these last two weeks. Do NOT count them out.

Bottom line for me is this: It's a GREAT season because of the DEPTH of the entire top 12 or 14 corps. Awesome programs, incredible talent and REAL entertainment.

I am SO PROUD to see the Bluecoats in the THICK of it - but the success of their season doesn't depend on who they beat - but how CRIMINAL can be maxed out.

Just my homer opinions.

Go BLOOO!

Wow. . .homer much?

Why does him thinking the Cavaliers are better than the Bluecoats in some captions (which you may just happen to disagree with) make him a homer?

"CHILLAX!"

Finals -

Bluecoats in 3rd place

1st in Brass Caption

3rd in Drums

It's in their grasp...it's in their work ethic.

They don't worry about anyone else, but themselves.

They want to get better, and they are! It's all

coming together quite nicely.

Once again, very few people are talking positively about

them until after they accomplish key goals. Please take

note of current stats to prove they're for real! They're

sneaking up on the top three quickly!

That's all I'm saying, 'cause "anything else I say could be

used against me!" - It's CRIMINAL!

GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :rock::rock::blink::wall:

Bluecoats are strong across the board - except color guard - which continues to improve. They are poised to make a move while riding on the music numbers. Clarify and clean and we'll see how the Effect numbers increase. Will that be enough? Watch the GE captions. They should be VERY close on Saturday night. I still think ONE of those top 3 is vulnerable because Bluecoats have the vehicle, talent and experience to make the end of the season push. However, they could easily end up 4th... or 5th if Crown gains a little confidence - that show ROCKS and they are GREAT! ...or 6th if Regiment refuses to roll over these last two weeks. Do NOT count them out.

Bottom line for me is this: It's a GREAT season because of the DEPTH of the entire top 12 or 14 corps. Awesome programs, incredible talent and REAL entertainment.

I am SO PROUD to see the Bluecoats in the THICK of it - but the success of their season doesn't depend on who they beat - but how CRIMINAL can be maxed out.

Just my homer opinions.

Go BLOOO!

Has anyone thought that perhaps the coats are peaking too early? Just a thought...

and of course, Phantom never rolls over! hehe... Wait and see, if they're not the champ this year, they'll certainly make it crucial for those top 2, whom ever they may be...

Has anyone thought that perhaps the coats are peaking too early? Just a thought...

Nope. Noone has ever suggested this. Ever. Perish the thought... :rock:

QUOTE(Crossroads @ Jul 25 2007, 04:33 PM)

Nope. Noone has ever suggested this. Ever. Perish the thought... :rock:

bwa haha... LOL, sorry :angel:

"CHILLAX!"

They're

sneaking up on the top three quickly!

I wouldn't call it sneaking. More like chasing. Its not like the top 3 are standing their waiting for bluecoats to steal their wallets.. ;) The top 3 shows are all getting better very quickly. I think this season will be a test for the Bluecoats members and staff. From their lack of experience at this level, I feel eventually they will reach that "Where do we go from here?" point... and where they do or don't go will be the difference between breaking into the top 3, and possibly losing their 4th place spot. Same thing with crown and their placement. I have confidence that both corps will have an amazing finals performance. The question is... will the other top corps have better ones?