Will the Bluecoats pass the Cavies?

Its like saying Derek Jeter is better than A-rod because Jeter possesses "True Yankee-ness".

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw the Coats, they had that swagger. Then again, when I saw them, they beat both the Blue Devils and The Cavaliers.

Watching the SA Encorps videos, Bluecoats definately have achieved that swagger at the end of the show - holy cow, their drill is good.

Good enough to beat Cavies? My honest opinion - if both bring their top game, Cavies would still edge them. But I think it'd also be *really* close.

Mike

Its like saying Derek Jeter is better than A-rod because Jeter possesses "True Yankee-ness".

A-Rod > Jeter > Most of the American League

Are you actually saying that you don't think the Cadets will/should win?? :doh:

I know its a shock, but I already said that in my SA review.

I feel that the Cavaliers have more meat in their show, and therefore more chances to make the show better. I have this feeling that once the Cavaliers really start performing their show, it will become more endearing to the judges and fans. Yes, I'm biased, but I genuinely feel this way, and I'm not a Bluecoats hater by any means. (I once auditioned for them)

I could see Bluecoats or Cavaliers winning the Ott this year. They both have a quality of sound I don't think the other corps can touch.

Edited by Jayzer

If Cavies don't change their "new ending"...though...I'm not entirely sure this is the real one...then I believe they are vulnerable to the Bluecoats catching and passing them.

I completely agree. The new ending, if what we saw in SA is the official new ending, was good but not great. Bluecoats if clean should take them.

one thing is for sure- this is the first year in DCI history that such a result (Bluecoats over Cavies) would even have any business being discussed-

i.e.- if it doesn't happen- it will probably be the closest bluecoat-cavies final spread ever- IMO