Captain Planet

I believe in

Earth

Fire

Wind

Water

and

Heart

This year The Cadets will solve a eco-mystery on the field using teamwork!

The Cadets have decided to be on the for front of eco-friendly show designs.

The more I think about it, this might actually work.

They'll solve the "global warming" issue by selling their diesel spewing busses and using electrically powered one. And to save even more costs, the members are only allowed one square of tp per day. :lolhit:

(this was all just a joke...don't go foaming at the mouth guys)

Edited by sburstall

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dress up the color guard as Continental soldiers and Redcoats... and put bayonets on the rifles!

I just hope people don't start railing on them for beating the drum of patriotism, but they inevitably will.

They'll solve the "global warming" issue by selling their diesel spewing busses and using electrically powered one. And to save even more costs, the members are only allowed one square of tp per day. :lolhit:

Actually, I had an idea a little while back, about converting some of the buses to run on WVO.

For reference, www.greasecar.com. Still stuck on the problem of scale, making it work for an entire fleet doing a nationwide tour with unreliable "fuel" pickup points.

92 Star? :P

Actually... have any of you seen 1776? The musical/movie, starring Mr. Feeney as John Adams?

Hey, I agree...1776 would be a interesting take on it. Corpreps only lists the 1972 General Butler Vagabonds as having done it before.

The 1992 Star of Indiana show (with voiceover) immediately came to my mind as well when I read the blog entry.

I still think the Open Source idea and the way the Cadets used it, is brilliant. Kudos for continuing next year

If you can ignore all the Mel Gibson controversy... how was the soundtrack to The Patriot? I saw it once, but can't remember anything.

(this is just an observation, I could 100% wrong for all I know)

Just an added idea. Maybe the Cadets could look at the DCPi Fantasy corps league and see the shows these directors have created to give them ideas. Coming to the general drum corps public for ideas gives the impression that they are all tapped out when it comes to show/music ideas.

Edited by sburstall

Just an added idea. Maybe the Cadets could look at the Fantasy corps league and see the shows these directors have created to give them ideas. Coming to the general drum corps public for ideas gives the impression that they are all tapped out when it comes to show/music ideas.

Can't have it both ways.

Don't ask for input: "They don't care what the fans think. DCI should have more fan involvement."

:sshh:

Ask for input: "They must be really desperate."

Can't have it both ways.

Don't ask for input: "They don't care what the fans think. DCI should have more fan involvement."

Fan involvement does not necessarity mean fans choose the music/program. Corps in the past have had fan involvement because of the way the show was designed. Cadets, IMO, best audience involved show was their 1996 The American West show. At the end of Hoedown the audience yelled "Beef!". The show wasn't suggested by any fan.