What's your favorite Drum Corps food?

mmm...those favorite meals are making my mouth water.

A favorite of mine when I marched in '94 at Blue Knights was Trash Bag Salad.

Anyone else had that? It's simple really. You take a trash bag, toss in the salad and shake it up for a minute and serve. It's always a sight to see the faces of the members and staff when they walk up and see 4 full trash bags open on the table with a pair of tongs! When else would you eat out of a trash bag for a meal?

-=GM=-

Edited by GMKuzma

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember much from my two years in Sky Ryders, except "one meat, one cheese"... and the taste of greasy, warm bolagna (warm from sitting in the summer heat). However, there is one meal that I'll never forget (although I certainly wouldn't call it a "favorite".) No matter how many times it is referred to as "spaghetti" in the build up to a meal, the following ingredients combined together and heated to lukewarm temp - WILL NEVER ACTUALLY BE REAL "spaghetti":
  • lasagna noodles
  • discount sloppy joe sauce (from a gallon can)
  • nacho cheese sauce (from a gallon can)
  • corn (from a gallon can)

ampssuck

Another thing I remember about this concoction:

When you place a cold helping of above "scareghetti" on a paper plate, and stick it to the side of the Sky Ryders' souvenier trailer -

it will still be there when you get to the next housing site. :laugh:

(true story)

Now THAT's corps food!

When I marched back before there was an Internet, bottled water or Paris Hilton, breakfast EVERY DAY was doughnuts and orange juice or milk off the equipment truck. Most corps didn't have food trucks yet. We had a pop-up trailer that also contained institutional peanut butter and something that resembled...well, I never did figure that out, so I didn't eat it.

Nutrition was a word that wasn't much considered back then.

Right on again Mike. I remember a couple of weeks ago when Dan Potter interviewed the physicians for the Regiment and Cavs about DC medical issues on the Field Pass for DCI.org. I'll bet that if the kids now were eating the same stuff as we were back in the day on a daily basis they would totally freak out.

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

With tomato soup! That was mainly for camps though, but it was still great. The best time was when we get rained out in South (North?) Dakota, and we sat on the busses in the rain eating grilled cheese and drinking soup!

MFBK!

(carb) Breakfast casserole- potato, onion, and like 3 different cheeses. and a small bowl of knockoff lucky charms with luke warm soy milk.

Lunch- Nachos! ( supposed to be taco salad but i skipped the lettuce) Tortilla chips with the works. side of red rice and a red drink.

Dinner - Dinty Moore Beef Stew over White rice, green beens and peaches on the side and a nice tall plastic cup of 50% red 50% orange.

XXL pigs in a blanket and an oreo . cup of either orange or purple.

:doh:

mmm...those favorite meals are making my mouth water.

A favorite of mine when I marched in '94 at Blue Knights was Trash Bag Salad.

Anyone else had that? It's simple really. You take a trash bag, toss in the salad and shake it up for a minute and serve. It's always a sight to see the faces of the members and staff when they walk up and see 4 full trash bags open on the table with a pair of tongs! When else would you eat out of a trash bag for a meal?

-=GM=-

Trash Bag salad is pretty amazing. Not one of my favorites, but definately up there! :)

Yumm grilled cheese is good. Mine would be:

Breakfast- the famous Pioneer pancakes with bacon and eggs (only got that on special days..lol).

Lunch- perfect lunch is buttered/steamed noodles between hard rehearsal blocks. Tons of carbs to keep you going the rest of the day.

Dinner- PB&J--gotta have it at least once a day!! :P