Curtis Costanza and The Bluecoats

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to apologize for your comment. . .you stated it with respect and courtesy, and honestly, you coats homers (and I mean no disrespect) have a legitimate beef.

I was talking with a friend recently who is on staff with another top 8 corps and he said at a recent show in a critique one of the judges who had scored them low and got asked about it actually said "I have not seen your recent scores so I did not know what number to give you". That is a direct quote.

Needless to say, as much as we want to believe the judging community is above reproach and professional in everything they do, some of them just aren't.

Thank you!

Okay folks...newbie question here.

What happens to him now? Anything? Nothing? If it seems like he is out of sync with the rest of the judges what does that say? Is this thread just about fan wishes?

boo

Edited by nero14

I was talking with a friend recently who is on staff with another top 8 corps and he said at a recent show in a critique one of the judges who had scored them low and got asked about it actually said "I have not seen your recent scores so I did not know what number to give you". That is a direct quote.

I would have a much bigger problem with it if the judges WERE comparing numbers. I'd much rather they judge the performance of that evening rather than base their score on previous judges' opinions.

Okay folks...newbie question here.

What happens to him now? Anything? Nothing? If it seems like he is out of sync with the rest of the judges what does that say? Is this thread just about fan wishes?

If the corps involved feels like there is a factual, numerical basis for a complaint, then they'll contact the chief judge, judge administrator, or someone who can do something to check into their claim. If they haven't done that, then it's most likely that they consider it to be just "contest dynamics" instead of some sort of grudge, bias or conspiracy. Every corps has a judge (or two) who they feel like "has it in for them"........if they all tried to have them removed, we'd have a really small pool of judges left.

edit

Edited by nero14

He's the Caption Facilitator for WGI equipment judges......I think they've probably "monitored" him quite a bit. :beer:

I thought Bruno was still the Caption Facilitator for Equipment. Did that change for the 2008 season??? Curtis hasn't been caption facilitator for awhile now.

Edited by Snaremom

and here's something... did you guys catch the TROOPERS' GE vis score from costanza???

the troopers' last 3 shows in GE vis were in the Mid 15s with a positive trend at each show... (BKs graph can be broken down to view catergories)... their last GE vis was 15.7.... and Costanza's expert opinion?

13.7 dead last behind mandarins' 14.3

whats the point?

both the Troopers and Bluecoats have the same drill designer: Mitch Rogers

Unless you were really "off" in performance, I would think at this stage of the season, a 15.7 down to a 13.7 is

pretty drastic (those numbers are in "different worlds" at this stage of the game) , to the point of raising some question marks........

GB

I think it's funny that we all scream for "any corps, any night" type thing, yet as soon as it happens there's uproar about it.

That said, I understand where everyone can be coming from with this guy. Granted, EVERY corps has judges that score either more or less in their favor. Say that BD, Cavaliers, and Cadets are all within a point of each other come finals week. You could take a very educated guess as to who would win by looking at the Finals panel and their tendencies. Just saying that this kinda thing happens to everyone and Bluecoats are lucky to apparently only have one guy not seeing it their way.

I thought Bruno was still the Caption Facilitator for Equipment. Did that change for the 2008 season??? Curtis hasn't been caption facilitator for awhile now.

Oops!! You're completely right. I meant to type "he's been the caption facilitator...." Sorry!! :)