Curtis Costanza and The Bluecoats

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My memory is a little gone, but wasn't this the guy that Bloooooo wasn't thrilled with last year when it came to him judging

(specifically their guard)

Looking at last night's recap, his GE Visual scores for Blooo at Denver seemed a little odd. :sshh:

Then again, their Visual General Effect and Colorguard score have been pretty low all season with different judges. They were fifth in Visual GE in Atlanta & San Antonio. And, sixth and seventh in guard at Atlanta & San Antonio, respectively.

Edited by mbui

Yes, this is the same judge (a West Coast guy) guy who seems to enjoy taking a large carving knife to the collective backs of the Bluecoats. The best they can hope for is that other judges see through his biases and do all they can to keep him off the field at Pasadena. It's almost unbelieveable the corp's score can drop two points from one night to the next because a single judge. This kind of judging fluxuation makes the entire DCI scoring system seem incongruous at best and downright hapless at worst. DCI should be monitering this judge closely.

It's almost unbelieveable the corp's score can drop two points from one night to the next because a single judge. This kind of judging fluxuation makes the entire DCI scoring system seem incongruous at best and downright hapless at worst. DCI should be monitering this judge closely.

I'm sure, then, you complained about the Centerville score, where the exact same thing happend in GE, causing the Bluecoats to beat both the Cavaliers and Blue Devils for the only time this season. You think that was "unbelievable" too, right...?

Yes, this is the same judge (a West Coast guy) guy who seems to enjoy taking a large carving knife to the collective backs of the Bluecoats. The best they can hope for is that other judges see through his biases and do all they can to keep him off the field at Pasadena. It's almost unbelieveable the corp's score can drop two points from one night to the next because a single judge. This kind of judging fluxuation makes the entire DCI scoring system seem incongruous at best and downright hapless at worst. DCI should be monitering this judge closely.

He's the Caption Facilitator for WGI equipment judges......I think they've probably "monitored" him quite a bit. :beer:

He's the Caption Facilitator for WGI equipment judges......I think they've probably "monitored" him quite a bit. :beer:

Wow....now that you mention it, I know exactly who he is.. I sat very close to him at WGI Finals.

My opinion of him would not be appropriate for these boards.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I'm sure, then, you complained about the Centerville score, where the exact same thing happend in GE, causing the Bluecoats to beat both the Cavaliers and Blue Devils for the only time this season. You think that was "unbelievable" too, right...?

Two wrongs never equal a right. There's no doubt that Bloo's visual is not their strength, but they indeed got carved up pretty good last night. I find the huge spread in the guard caption a little extreme too, but I wasn't in Denver so it's hard to argue. But there were definitely some very questionable calls at the Indy regional for sure. I thought the Cavaliers pretty much stumbled around the field last night (in comparison to BD and PR) only to win vis GE and ensemble. You hate to point fingers at the judges, but when obvious calls are missed, you have to wonder.

Edited by oldtimedrummer