A semi-review. Of sorts.

Not sure if this qualifies as a bona fide review, but here's a small sampling of comments I got from one of my DCI first-timers friends we brought to the show...sometimes it's certainly intresting to hear from someone without bias or preconceptions! Please be advised that the following opinons are her own, not mine, and take them with a grain of salt, (especially guard members,) her brain's a little fried these days from med school. ;) Just thought I'd share, we love you Carole!

ON PARK & BLOW ROCKOUTS...

"I hate it when they wiggle! It looks stupid! If they're supposed to be rocking out, they need to MOVE!"

ON COLORGUARDS...

"I think a lot of them were distracting. They can add a lot sometimes, but some of the corps would've looked great without them."

ON PACIFIC CREST'S GUARD UNIFORMS...

"Nice pants, I want a pair!"

ON CROSSMEN'S CAPED ENTRANCE...

"HARRY POTTER!!!"

ON THE GLASSMEN AS THEY ENTERED...

"Are they pirates or gypsies?"

ON THE BLUE KNIGHTS...

"Dark? But the flags were so bright and pretty!"

ON CAROLINA CROWN'S GUARD UNIFORMS FROM THE TOP OF THE STADIUM...

"They look like pieces of Bacon!"

ON THE BLUECOATS...

"Where the fudge did all those briefcases come from?! How did they DO that???"

"It feels like I'm watching a magic show! I have no idea what's going on..."

ON THE CADETS ENTERING THE FIELD...

"I love how they enter (in a block, straight down the 50,) they look like an army!"

ON THE CADET'S NARRATION...

"Couldn't understand what they were saying half the time."

OMG..BEST comment ever! :laugh::laugh::huh:

Dumbest comment ever!

<**> <**> <**>

As far as your reivew it was forgettable

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Dumbest comment ever!

<**> <**> <**>

As far as your reivew it was forgettable

Calm down. To be fair, the OP wrote a complete review in another thread. This was just their friend's comments on the show.

We brought a newbie with us as well. Her favorites were Crown and SCV. She said Cadets narration was distracting. I love your friend's comment about the bacon. HA! I guess from up top, that probably is a bit how they look. :P

Not sure if this qualifies as a bona fide review, but here's a small sampling of comments I got from one of my DCI first-timers friends we brought to the show...sometimes it's certainly intresting to hear from someone without bias or preconceptions! Please be advised that the following opinons are her own, not mine, and take them with a grain of salt, (especially guard members,) her brain's a little fried these days from med school. ;) Just thought I'd share, we love you Carole!

ON PARK & BLOW ROCKOUTS...

"I hate it when they wiggle! It looks stupid! If they're supposed to be rocking out, they need to MOVE!"

ON COLORGUARDS...

"I think a lot of them were distracting. They can add a lot sometimes, but some of the corps would've looked great without them."

ON PACIFIC CREST'S GUARD UNIFORMS...

"Nice pants, I want a pair!"

ON CROSSMEN'S CAPED ENTRANCE...

"HARRY POTTER!!!"

ON THE GLASSMEN AS THEY ENTERED...

"Are they pirates or gypsies?"

ON THE BLUE KNIGHTS...

"Dark? But the flags were so bright and pretty!"

ON CAROLINA CROWN'S GUARD UNIFORMS FROM THE TOP OF THE STADIUM...

"They look like pieces of Bacon!"

ON THE BLUECOATS...

"Where the fudge did all those briefcases come from?! How did they DO that???"

"It feels like I'm watching a magic show! I have no idea what's going on..."

ON THE CADETS ENTERING THE FIELD...

"I love how they enter (in a block, straight down the 50,) they look like an army!"

ON THE CADET'S NARRATION...

"Couldn't understand what they were saying half the time."

GREAT COMMENTS !!! I THINK IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT TO LISTEN TO THE NEWBIE/UNINFORMED/UNBIASED.

Are these not the people Drum Corps is TRYING to woo. That's generally the rationale for changes like, narration(personally I was always told "if you have to explain it ,you did it wrong"), singing, and amps and synths, and sax's right?

DRUM CORPS FANS AND EX-PERFORMERS should always make note of the comments of the NEW audience, and pass them on to DCI. IF THEY (DCI)TRUELY LISTENED ,they'd discover that IT AIN'T BROKE ,QUIT TRYING TO BREAK IT,UH I mean FIX it.

Edited by MARK74