THANK YOU FROM SALEM OHIO

As a Rookie in DCA, I can't really think of a better show to start with. I started late in the season, and between racking my brain for set points and trying not to be killed on the field, the 9 hour drive with no sleep on Sat as I tried to prepare myself, the show was a blur. I must thank the fans in Salem, as I digantly packed my things into my vehical and perpared myself for the 9 hour drive ahead of me and the 42nd sleepless hour, I must have had 50 people come up and thank me. As I was looking at my map as to how to find the interstate an older gentlemen came up and was about to get in his car, when he saw my members shirt he promptly shook my hand as if he were meeting the president, and gave me very good directions I might add. That in itself made the drive more then worth it. Thank you again from a very happy rookie!

I agree with Mike, and want to also say thank you to CV....watching your show was amazing and I loved every second of it. Dinner was also a great time just to get to sit back and relax and talk to members of a corps that we don't normally get to see until finals weekend. Thank you soo much eveyone and can't wait to see you guys again and best of luck!

Thanks guys! I had a great time in Salem and it was great to be invited by Statesmen to watch their run and for you to watch us. It was a gas. Extra thanks for inviting us to take part in your dinner!! I hope we have the opportunity to do this again next year.

Empire it was a great show this past weekend. Maybe Salem will do the show again next year

CorpsVets, enjoyed hanging with you guys; thanks for a great time! The rookie amateur show Friday night was a lot of fun

Jim H

Just wanted to add -

The people in Salem couldn't have been nicer or more supportive of having a drum corps show in their town. I saw banners and signs all over town, welcoming the corps and announcing the show. One resident even thanked me for being part of the show in her town.

Hats off to Empire and the people of Salem for hosting a great event. I'm glad I got to be a part of it.

Thanks to the local GoodYear store for getting the tires on our trailer, too. ("I have good news & bad news" What's the good news?" "You made it here alive") They had us in and out with 4 new tires in about 30 minutes.

The Erie Thunderbirds would like to thank The Empire Statesmen and Salem for the honor to perform at this great show, and be part of the awesome line up,................the park we rehearsed at was perfect, The show staff and fans couldn't have been nicer,.............the small crowd we drew at the park during our final run through headed right over to the stadium to get tickets once they knew what was in store for later that evening,......................Nice stadium to get in and out of, the attendance was great, and I saw quite few folks who travelled a great distance to be there,..................Kudos and Thanks to all involved!

Thanks for hosting a great show! From just a member's perspective, the whole weekend went flawlessly. :) I know there were probably a bunch of bumps along the way, but nothing noticable!

And thanks for dinner, Empire!

Allen,

What a great event!!!

Salem has to be one of the most friendly towns in the country. There are just too many examples to list of all the good things about Salem, and (of course) the event itself.

Bill

"Wea Winnea Bea Daunted"

As we arrived in Salem at about 4am local time, there were some Salem residents at the door of the middle school saying "Welcome to Salem" as we trudged sleepily by. Thats friendly!