August 2nd, Portland Oregon show

Tonights show was an all division I show. Which was brilliant!

Here's my breakdown...

Mandarins - simply a beautiful show, but you're gonna have to break through that glass ceiling one day. I hope to be there when you do.

Cascades - A good show destined for mediocrity because of an unclean hornline. Sorry, but the false starts (musically) and the unhit high notes aren't doing you any good.

Crossmen - boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnng! The cape thing at the start was awesome, but the music and guard work aren't worthy of what we all know you can really do. I LOVED the colour presentation at the beginning though! Got some old school in there!

Blue Knights - a dark and yet still very beautiful show. Sometimes, kids, you can execute a show really well... but the "serious" tone of your show can hold you back. Don't worry about it. It's a great show!

Glassmen - No one around me could understand why you didn't score higher. Your show was entertaining, highly precise, and not a bit boring. Must have been some stuff I didn't catch because I thought it was awesome.

SCV - In many a persons opinion, the best and classiest show of the night. Highly entertaining and difficult to execute, yet you made it look easy. I'll always loves me some Vanguard though.

Cadets - Hrmnn... We've all seen "A young persons guide to drum corps" performed by SCV back in 1981. Musically and movement-wise it was much better than even that show. But please, you don't have to narrate it out to us. I suppose the narration wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't cranked up to volume 11, which was louder than the hornline. Maybe next week, you'll just tone it down a bit. Then you can spoon feed us the "how it is to be in corps" lines easier. (By the way, NOBODY'S favourite part of Drum Corps is BASIC BLOCKS) Other than that, it's very easy to see how you'll pick up another championship next week (even if the volume of voice isn't turned down a notch). Difficult, precise, clean, cutting edge and every bit a solid performance. THANK YOU FOR COMING TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST!!! Please! Please! come again!

I almost forgot...

SHAME ON CROWN TICKETS company!

1) I paid 134.00 bucks for tickets that THEY DIDN'T HAVE AT THE WILL CALL.

2) Some guy gives me an envelope because I am, in fact, on the list of people who paid for reserved seating. The envelope only has his writing on it that tells the gate people to let me and my party in.

3) The gate person takes the envelope... leaving me with $134.00 GENERAL ADMISSION seats. (They later corrected this and I got my reserved seating, but they still hadn't found my actual Tickets).

Crown Ticketing sold out rows "O" and Rows "ii". Problem is, the stadium didn't have a row "O" or a row "ii". I'm sure a lot of people are upset about that.

There were no ushers to help people to their assigned seating.

I would like to propose that DCI find another ticket vendor... as that part of the evening was a complete fiasco.

Thanks for the review, but this should probably go in the reviews forum.

(By the way, NOBODY'S favourite part of Drum Corps is BASIC BLOCKS)

Actually, i posted the same thing earlier, and someone posted that it was :blink: