Bluecoats in 7th?

BUT, then again, with all they've built and accomplished this season and in the past few seasons, can I be anything but proud ... nope. They're my corps and I'm more proud than anyone with what they've become.

Six words, my friends. Six words.

Wonderful post BlueR36, and I couldn't agree more. I can't believe how much they've kept cranking it up year after year, and I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Obviously when you're on tour, you don't get to hear much of the forum gossip and general reaction to the show, but these kids have got to know they're doing something special. With such an entertaining show, and the reputation they're gaining, I'm sure the talent pool at next year's auditions will continue taking the corps to the next level.

Bluecoats 2007, thank you for all your hard work and remember how proud you've made everyone!

Six words.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the speculation is all over out here on this thread.

I honestly don't think we can predict any accurate outcome. captions are all over, and so are placments. There will be allot of changing places all three nights.

i believe they will be 7th or lower.

{applauding} wayyyy to go Silver King! Verrrrrrry nice (in my best Jim Rome voice). Great post, don't know how you came up with that one. I have no problem with anyone having an opinion, but support it.

BTW, Cadets will be in 11th and BD, without a doubt, may fall out of the top 12. You heard it here first.

DW

How can you say "BD - it's their turn?" That's dumb - look at Phantom - when is it their turn? Judges don't judge based on "it's their turn."

What are you talking about? The last head to head meeting was July 21st - hardly comparable to now - that has no validity as to now with all the changes each corps has made.

And are you serious - Phantom getting OVERSCORED in finals?!?! That's right - all 10 of those championships they have are from overscoring. Oh that's right - they've only been blessed with one championship. Hard to validate an overscoring comment with that fact.

Guess you have not been around DCI very long. If you don't believe that this enters into the final scores during finals week - give me a break.

Bluecoats in 3rd and I will stand by that prediction.

After seeing the Bluecoats in Stanford I feel they have a legit shot (a long shot) at third, if they don't don't get caught in what I call " judging crossfire". IE: west coast judges trying to hype SCV and the Midwest judges trying to protect the hallowed Green and PR. This seems to be happening primarily in the visual captions. That's how many of the recaps are starting to appear to me. I enjoyed SCV and BK, but frankly I didn't see either corps on the same page as Bloo. BK over Bloo in GE rep? Once again do I believe my own eyes, or what I see on the recap?

Edited by oldtimedrummer

Can you explain ur reasoning? Im not being sarcastic, but i am new to the activity and would like to know what you base ur oppinion on.

(this goes for anyone who wants to chime in)

Thanks

Hoping for third, but realisticly thinking 4th

Based on the way they play and drum, they have a shot at third. IMO, they've been getting some undeserved low marks in the visual and guard captions. Bloos show works very well as a complete package, is loaded with effect, their event sequence is logical and well laid out over time, there's a strong sense of unity to the program, and for the most part they're doing it pretty darn well. Ending could be stronger, and some of their bigger moments aren't quite maximized. I think 4th is realistic too, but IMO, they do have a shot at bronze if they really bring it on this week.

Guess you have not been around DCI very long. If you don't believe that this enters into the final scores during finals week - give me a break.

With your reasoning - there's NO way that Phantom should have beaten Blue Devils in finals last year. There's NO way they would have come up from 4th place in 96 to tie for the Championship. So how about I don't give you a break. :)

Didn't the Bluecoats beat PR in the last head to head? PR, Crown and SCV are the 5th - 7th place corps.

That was so last week though. It's a new week.

Here's the deal. Visual usually outpaces music in the recent history of this activity. I think it will be the closest top 7 ever. It's already been forecast since Allentown. There should be lots of movement between QF-Semis-Finals nights.

Predictions are pretty pointless. I believe Cavies, Regiment, Bluecoats, Crown, SCV will jostle around later this week for 3-7. Looks like the top 2 are set but not necessarily in their current order either.

OK...since I like being pointless...

QF Top 7

Cadets

Blue Devils

Cavies

Regiment

Bluecoats

Crown

SCV

Semis

Blue Devils

Cadets

Regiment

Cavies

Bluecoats

Crown

SCV

Finals

Blue Devils

Regiment

Cadets

Bluecoats

Cavies

Crown

SCV

And of course I will asterisk this with the cards could easily shuffle in another direction as well. And I admit...I have a bias against narration so it can cloud my judgement at times.

I agree - I think the Top 7 will shuffle and this is still anyone's game for a championship from Cadets, Cavies, BD, and Phantom - as they were only separated by 1.35 points on Saturday.

This weekend is going to be like musical chairs for the Top 3. Someone will get knocked out by a bully! haha.