Bluecoats in 7th?

I think some of the Bluecoat alumni owe Silver_King an apology.

All he did was utter once sentence, and y'all jumped on him because you didn't agree with what he said.

...and then he ended up being correct. Poetic justice.

edit: not hating on the 'Coats at all..I just hate to see someone get attacked for having a dissenting opinion.

Edited by Jayzer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guard issue has been resolved!

This year - Bluecoats are going to be a

KNOCKOUT!

All he did was utter once sentence, and y'all jumped on him because you didn't agree with what he said.

I have to disagree. At the time, Coats falling to 7th or lower seemed like a very unlikely scenario.

And the fact that he made such an unlikely prediction so bluntly without any reasoning behind it leads

me to believe it was a troll - which is why I didn't bother to respond to it at the time.

At the time - Coats were in a fairly solid 4th, with top brass and percussion scores. My analysis

coming into finals week was that 7th was a very small possibility due to how closely everyone

was scoring, but it seemed very unlikely to me that they would actually end up at the bottom

of that 4 through 7 pile.

I'll bet Silver_King was just as surprised to see that he was right as everyone else was.

Remember - even a broken clock is right twice a day. :)

I have to disagree. At the time, Coats falling to 7th or lower seemed like a very unlikely scenario.

And the fact that he made such an unlikely prediction so bluntly without any reasoning behind it leads

me to believe it was a troll - which is why I didn't bother to respond to it at the time.

At the time - Coats were in a fairly solid 4th, with top brass and percussion scores. My analysis

coming into finals week was that 7th was a very small possibility due to how closely everyone

was scoring, but it seemed very unlikely to me that they would actually end up at the bottom

I'll bet Silver_King was just as surprised to see that he was right as everyone else was.

With a troll being defined as someone stating something with the sole intention of attracting flames and attention, and with Silver_King being as young, opinionated, and biased as he is, I don't think he was baiting anyone.

I think BlueR36's initial reply was a little harsh. I didn't really take exception with any of your replies.

...and then he ended up being correct. Poetic justice.

edit: not hating on the 'Coats at all..I just hate to see someone get attacked for having a dissenting opinion.

You beat me to it. I whole heartedly agree that he/she is owed an apology. I always have talked about the guard stalling out and causing them placements, which happened to them this year, but I've never gotten flamed that badly before. I think a lot of people were mad that he didn't explain his opinion, but honestly he didn't need to or have to.......

We'll see if the new guard staff can give them some the boost they need.

Meanwhile Jamie Oakley ends up at Crossmen as co-caption head with Mike Sloan and their lone tech so far, Randi Miles (a very talented performer, ex-blue devil and crossmen member herself)

Edited by Musical_Spinner

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Is it really that hard for you to grasp that not everyone worships the ground that the bluecoats walk on? Every time someone on this board says anything negative about bluecoats, it's like they've committed thoughtcrime or something. It's brutal.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the stuff they do...but the "bluecoats are rising" mania can be kind of ridiculous and one-sided sometimes.

Edited by Nelly