Spirit Vs. Blue Stars

Let's face it, even without the full tour the Academy STILL rehearses much less than the other Div 1 corps'. Are you just afraid that they're going to best a bunch of corps who practice every single day? Because if so, that's just ridiculous. I think it would be downright IMPRESSIVE if they did. There is NO advantage there, yet they are still hanging in the 12 spot. If you think THAT's unfair to the other corps, then those other corps need to step it up and prove that they aren't going to let a non-full touring corps beat them. After all, isn't that why Division 2 doesn't compete in quarterfinals anymore?

It's time to get over it, my friend.

rehearses much less?! are you insane!? when they aren't at a show they are rehearsing! ya know that 3 week span where they weren't on tour? you know where they were? in tempe rehearsing! when they aren't at a show, you know what they are doing during the day? rehearsing! what do you think they're doing with their non-show days? braiding each other's hair? playing dress up? come on dude...think before you post.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spirit & Blue Stars yes, but I think the battle for 12th is anyone's for the taking. Crossmen, Academy and Madison also have a few days to make some changes and less than a point's worth of changes can make the difference. I see some real jockeying for position between quarters and semis. I can't wait!

GO BLUE STARS!!!!!

C'mon now... The Academy doesn't even deserve to be in Div 1. Tour like Div 1, and then we'll talk.

I'm certainly glad you used your second post ever to say that.

Here it comes....look for it....sucker punched you. IT'S NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE

The Board of Directors (read: Directors of all Div. I member corps) decided that Academy could become a Div. I corps in this manner. They had a choice to vote it down and decided not to. Should be end of the discussion, but I believe that would be a dream I had.

Saw them both at Atlanta and Blue Stars blew Spirit out of the water...infact blew severl other TOP 12 corps out of the water IMHO.

I hope Blue Stars make it into the Championships this Saturday.

Cheers, :unsure:

Sean

w/Stp:

Actually, Blue Stars haven't really blown anyone out of the water that is currently placed ahead of them. Their guard is a weak area and the Firebird arrangement misses as the finale to their show. Also, the uniform is confusing...why don't the bass drummers wear the same pants/shoes as everyone else? Are they just smarter than the rest of the corps? Or, are they the dirtiest with their feet? Because, it is, in fact, a better and smarter look.

Dan Atcheson is a very smart man also............................we can only hope he does what's equitable for all the other Div 1 corps next year, and makes Academy tour like a Div 1 corps - at the very least, make them show up for all sanctioned regionals.

And by the way, leave it to the Academy honks to turn a Blue Stars/Spirit discussion into a plug for Academy. I even fell into it - can't resist.

Keeping fingers crossed for Spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two points..

First...Dan Acheson and Mark Richardson didn't meet in a Denny's parking lot and decide this. This is decided and agreed to by the DCI BoD...all of which who are Div. I corps directors. Again, this should be the end of discussion on this.

Next, a discussion about Blue Stars and Spirit should also include Academy since the THREE of them will no doubt be fighting it out to see who starts the show on Saturday night. Unless JSU and Lacrosse fans are already conceding 12th and fighting for 13th place? I highly doubt it.

Spirit & Blue Stars yes, but I think the battle for 12th is anyone's for the taking. Crossmen, Academy and Madison also have a few days to make some changes and less than a point's worth of changes can make the difference. I see some real jockeying for position between quarters and semis. I can't wait!

I think it safe to say that Crossmen and Madison are too far back at this point to make a run for finals. I believe it's a three corps race at this point.

Both Crossmen and Madison are currently a good distance behind these shows, IMO.

why don't the bass drummers wear the same pants/shoes as everyone else? Are they just smarter than the rest of the corps? Or, are they the dirtiest with their feet? Because, it is, in fact, a better and smarter look.

Or perhaps a more logical explanation - the direction they face is dictated by the equipment they carry - not their ability to match which leg is facing which direction visually to match the rest of the ensemble. Wow - logic. :unsure:

Or perhaps a more logical explanation - the direction they face is dictated by the equipment they carry - not their ability to match which leg is facing which direction visually to match the rest of the ensemble. Wow - logic. :unsure:

They do not always move in one direction. There...ran rings around you logically. <$1 to Monty Python>

They do not always move in one direction. There...ran rings around you logically. <$1 to Monty Python>

:blah:

Yeah, you sure showed me. :unsure:

Of course they don't always move in one direction. But the direction the corps is marching and the direction the bass drums are facing may not be the same at any given point in time. Rather than have the white leg showing at the wrong time for just the bass line, they opted to put hem in all blue, which was a better solution. Not the difficult of a concept to fathom.

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM