Rose Bowl parking situation and other stadium info

I've just been informed by Rose Bowl personnel regarding parking and other matters at the stadium:

1) There will be no shuttle buses to/from the stadium from anywhere. DCI did not pay for this option.

2) There may or may not be taxi's available at the stadium for after the shows. The stadium staff has not decided (as of 7aug07, 1:30 pm pdt) if they will be allowing taxi's to pick up or drop off people at the stadium. They have to reconfigure traffic flow if they do. I highly recommended that they do that for the people going back on the subway from Old Town Pasadena.

3) There will be NO parking on the golf course (like at football games) for the thurs and fri shows. This cuts the amount of parking by 1/2 or more. Sounds like they will have enough parking, but who knows. Strongly advise getting there early if you want to park at the stadium or might you might be in for a very long walk from surrounding neighborhoods. For Sat., they will park cars on the driving range and golf course, if needed. And don't forget, parking is $15 EACH DAY in the stadium lots. You can park on city streets around the stadium for free. This is in the neighborhood up the hill, on the east side of the stadium. The walk from there isn't too bad, if you get there early enough.

4) You CANNOT bring stadium chairs/seats/cushions into the stadium, IF THEY CONTAIN METAL. I guess they figure you might unscrew the metal pieces and use them as a weapon when you hear the Cadets narration. Regular seat bottom cushions are ok. Those stadium plastic seats get awfully hard after about an hour.

5) You CAN bring a "sack lunch" into the stadium. A reasonable amount of food is ok, not 6 grocery bags full. This is great and very unusual for a major stadium event. You don't have to buy an $8 hot dog at the stadium. No coolers or NO LARGE BACKPACKS. Backpacks and bags up to 14 inches by 14 inches are ok. You can bring plastic (not glass) water (only water, nothing else ) bottles in, but they must be STILL SEALED. Not already opened or refilled. And most importantly, they WILL SELL BEER in the stadium during the shows. I guess you DCI fans have a good reputation, not like those college football fans. :unsure:

Edited by 27Socal

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of notes...

-There will be NO beer sold in the stadium. Rose Bowl went dry a few years back.

-Plenty of parking without the gold course, so don't worry about that.

-Estimated crowd of about 22,000

-Weather expected to be great throughout the weekend, a bit warmer on Saturday, but not bad.

-If you are coming to the Rose Bowl for the first time, make sure you bring a map or very good directions. The stadium sits in the middle of a residential area, and can be hard to find. Its very easy to get lost in the Arroyo Secca area.

There is a LOT of parking avaiable at the Rose Bowl.

-Plenty of parking without the gold course, so don't worry about that.

OK, cool. I just remember the lot at the south end of the stadium which as I remember might hold corps vehicles but not all the spectators, but if you're sure, cool. If you're wrong, we will all find you and park on your lawn and demand a shuttle. :lol: :lol:

Updated a lot of items in post 1, based on info from a higher up at the rose bowl. Note the BEER sales change. BEER SALES ARE A GO!