Blue Devils Fans!

One of these two corps will win Saturday. The other most likely will not finish second.

A lot of people of late have been saying this, but I still firmly believe The Cadets and BD have a lock on 1st and 2nd. Frankly, I think Cavies are going to have to bring their "A" game to hang onto 3rd place and I won't be surprised to see them finish as low as 5th. Cadets and BD have far superior programs and, I suspect, they will both perform at a very high level. Cavies will have to pray that their strong visual package is enough to secure a 3rd place finish becasue they will likely finish 5th or 6th in the music captions.

My friends ( BD alum) and I were at BD and Cadet pratice Monday and Tuesday.

Is it us or are we lacking content in marching and Brass?

I know from many many years piano lessions, competitions,recitals and concerts that the most notes don't equal victory but...

My buddy Eric says our formular will win out. ( like 2003)

We watched Cadets practice and like someone on the BD forum said their ending is" like watching the final of a fire works display"

The guard is real good, I mean really good. brass and drums too. We are too

I want us to win, I want my niece to win her first ring. I'm just worried.

I'm going to Cavies practice today and maybe Phantom.

Devils will win because...

Honestly - it should matter too much to any of us / I hope the kids walk off the field feeling like winners. That's what's most important.

Now - as far as "who will win" my gut tells me BD & Cavaliers are competiting for second place

Cadets are pulling away - IMO. Once the guard got good (and they have!) it was a done deal. As you put it - content. Their program has so much content, moments & GE built into it if it's well executed - as others have said - it's tough to beat competitively speaking

Cadets are pulling away - IMO. Once the guard got good (and they have!) it was a done deal. As you put it - content. Their program has so much content, moments & GE built into it if it's well executed - as others have said - it's tough to beat competitively speaking

Speaking as someone who as at the Clovis show, I don't feel that is the truth at all.

Both corps were ON FIRE at that show.

No one in the audience knew who was going to win, and these corps are very evenly matched, and that was shown by the .025 spread between the two corps

If things go as they did on Sunday, no one well be a lock for the championship until Saturday night.

I think it depends on what you look at when you look at corps. I will keep this between Cadets and BD, since this is the topic.

Cadets have a crazy drill. But BD's visual program is absolutely no slouch. I think that is one of the biggest misconceptions of BD. The one thing I always notice that BD seems to do is really cover the entire 100 yards of a football field. They do this not only for visual purposes, but also for musical purposes. The one part of their show this year reminds me of '99, when they move the entire ensemble back on the far line into the corner, during a big musical impact of the show. Another example is that when they play Pegasus, the brass is really spread out. The left side is low and middle brass, the right side of the pit is all sops.

Anyways, being very spread out makes keeping formations much more difficult as well as the musical portion together and in perfect tune. Not saying the cadets don't do these things either. I just havent seen them in person until I see them tomorrow. I have seen BD in person a few times.

Lastly, I have seen plenty of corps that don't spread much farther out than say the 20's. The drill might be crazier, but it doesn't spread out as much.

Anyways, keeping with cadets and BD, who cares who wins? really. When we talk about shows in a few years, we usually talk about aspects of the show or the entire show that was special. Creating these moments is what should be important.

Look at Pioneer. They might finish last of all Div. I corps. Does it look like that matters to them much? They are having fun. That is what I saw Sunday night. A corps having a ton of fun, regardless of placement.

I wish DCI would promote drum corps as a special performing arts activity, once again. None of this "Marching Music's Major league," or "...now the show is the game," "Summer Music games," etc...

Is it us or are we lacking content in marching and Brass?

My buddy Eric says our formular will win out.

I want us to win, I want my niece to win her first ring. I'm just worried.

Who is this "WE" stuff Kemosabe?

I think it depends on what you look at when you look at corps. I will keep this between Cadets and BD, since this is the topic.

Cadets have a crazy drill. But BD's visual program is absolutely no slouch. I think that is one of the biggest misconceptions of BD. The one thing I always notice that BD seems to do is really cover the entire 100 yards of a football field. They do this not only for visual purposes, but also for musical purposes. The one part of their show this year reminds me of '99, when they move the entire ensemble back on the far line into the corner, during a big musical impact of the show. Another example is that when they play Pegasus, the brass is really spread out. The left side is low and middle brass, the right side of the pit is all sops.

Anyways, being very spread out makes keeping formations much more difficult as well as the musical portion together and in perfect tune. Not saying the cadets don't do these things either. I just havent seen them in person until I see them tomorrow. I have seen BD in person a few times.

Lastly, I have seen plenty of corps that don't spread much farther out than say the 20's. The drill might be crazier, but it doesn't spread out as much.

Anyways, keeping with cadets and BD, who cares who wins? really. When we talk about shows in a few years, we usually talk about aspects of the show or the entire show that was special. Creating these moments is what should be important.

Look at Pioneer. They might finish last of all Div. I corps. Does it look like that matters to them much? They are having fun. That is what I saw Sunday night. A corps having a ton of fun, regardless of placement.

I wish DCI would promote drum corps as a special performing arts activity, once again. None of this "Marching Music's Major league," or "...now the show is the game," "Summer Music games," etc...

This is my feeling as of right now. Both corps are fantastic! I would rather Cadets win, but if BD comes out on top I will be ok with it. I really enjoyed about 2/3 of their show quite a bit.

I think you have the throw the guard thing aside. Neither of these two corps have the top guard out there. They may well finish 4th and 5th in guard.

It comes down to the same thing it always does. How clean versus how much demand and how it's performed Thursday - Saturday.

One of these two corps will win Saturday. The other most likely will not finish second.

:satisfied::rock::doh:

I disagree

A lot of people of late have been saying this, but I still firmly believe The Cadets and BD have a lock on 1st and 2nd. Frankly, I think Cavies are going to have to bring their "A" game to hang onto 3rd place and I won't be surprised to see them finish as low as 5th. Cadets and BD have far superior programs and, I suspect, they will both perform at a very high level. Cavies will have to pray that their strong visual package is enough to secure a 3rd place finish becasue they will likely finish 5th or 6th in the music captions.

Totally disagree, of course.... Cavies are very much in the thick of it all. Have been all year, and are still there.

I think you have the throw the guard thing aside. Neither of these two corps have the top guard out there. They may well finish 4th and 5th in guard.

It comes down to the same thing it always does. How clean versus how much demand and how it's performed Thursday - Saturday.

I think guard is up for grabs between Crown, Cavies, Cadets, and BD. I highly doubt BD or Cadets will be lower than 3rd or 4th in guard. I guess Phantom or SCV could have an outside shot at throwing a wrench in the guard scores, but recent contests at Stanford and Clovis suggest otherwise. We'll see soon.