DCI's "OnQ" division

What are people's thoughts on the upcoming "OnQ" division of DCI?

I thought the commercial looked kinda creepy, frankly. The jerkiness and the background noise reminded me of a Saw movie.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gone to the site yet, and as such, have no idea what it is even about. Is it an actual division of competing groups? A series of clinics? The commercial was very vague.

Coming in the Fall of 2007, Drum Corps International will launch ON Q, and will open an entirely new era of performance education.

ON Q will bring to life products that will unleash maximum performance potential in students and those who teach them.

ON Q will showcase and provide unprecedented access to the world's finest instructional talent and will share boundless expertise from the world's top drum corps.

ON Q will utilize state-of-the-art technologies, live and totally interactive learning experiences, and will celebrate the cultural bond that is the heart and soul of music and performance.

For the very first time, the very best minds in performance education come together with a single, focused initiative, and all in one place—ON Q.

Featured artists from the Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Santa Clara Vanguard, and Phantom Regiment share the creativity and knowledge and passion that have made these corps and their members champions of the highest order.

ON Q will deliver a curriculum truly worthy of the 21st Century performer, and will push the limits of tomorrow's performance education.

http://www.onq.org/ is the link to the site.

When I saw the commercial and heard the "explanation" from Dennis DeLucia, the first thing I thought was, "Oh, it's DCI's version of the Cadets' "Music is Cool" clinics.

But I won't say that, cause it'll turn into another Cadets-bashing thread. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone know what this is? i went to the website and still not quite sure what it is

It will be an educational arm to DCI. DCI hopes to extend curriculum and resource content to band directors, music educators, communities and students.

ah...for some reason i was thinking it was going to be a tv channel which btw would be awesome

content may be available through video media. I know DCI has been looking at streaming video and educational content similar to what BD provided at finals this year.