Kingsmen Alumni/Reunion Corps performance

If I missed a post. please forgive me but I have to ask:

Is there any chance KAC will make a DVD available?

YES!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I told some members at the Kingsmen souvie booth on Saturday, I fell in love with the corps in 1972 and still feel that feeling today. Great job! Thanks!

Let me ask this:

Was there anyone who never got to march in a drum corps before, but was finally able to fulfill that dream by marching with the Kingsmen project this year? If so (and you are on DCP) how was it? What a group to have a first experience with! ^OO^

Let me ask this:

Was there anyone who never got to march in a drum corps before, but was finally able to fulfill that dream by marching with the Kingsmen project this year? If so (and you are on DCP) how was it? What a group to have a first experience with! ^OO^

The short answer is YES, and I do hope they'll tell their story here....

....and at least a couple of members were SoCal band kids back-in-the-day who always wanted to join Kingsmen, but didn't/couldn't for various reasons...

...a few were new members in 1975 when Kingsmen imploded, and who'd never had a chance to march a field show competition or DCI in the blue cadet...

...a few were '60s Kingsmen alumni who'd never worn the blue cadet, some of whom had been drafted before their age-out year...

Also, we have drum corps vets from other corps who'd never had a chance to march DCI Finals...

Perhaps most satisfying (for me anyway) are the 80's alumni who finally got the satisfaction of experiencing the Kingsmen (and DCI Finals) in ways that they were previously denied....

And then we had alumni in the stands - for whom it was a dream come true to once again see the Kingsmen on the field, and to be able to show their family who/what the Kingsmen were and are...

Edited by GuyW

The KAC was not started with the intention of starting a junior corps. More power to those in the KAC that want to do that. The initial thought was to do an alumni corps and see where it goes from there. Some of us would like to continue with a performing alumni/reunion corps but not a necessarily a competitive group.

Yes I believe it was Larry. I was there and had a long convo with Kean at Rybus' place about it when we first got together. The junior corps 501C3 was done in January of 04 and the initial intent was totally the junior corps. Then the idea of "what if we put together an alumni corps" to help/aid the momentum of the new junior corps and of course we all jumped in. Especially since it turned out to be the 35th Anniversary of DCI and our win and things just fitted into place,eh?

BOT, Doing the show at the Rose Bowl was like going back to 1972 in a time machine. It was truly a thrill to see the fans standing and applauding the way they did. Thank You. We put in alot of time, effort and money and it was all worth it!

True dat!!! :)

Sweet! Thanks a lot for those. BTW, I just heard an MP3 of the first half of the show. Man...gives me chills hearing the crowd going ballistic. We sound pretty good too. B)

Let me ask this:

MAN .. where the heck do I begin?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

I never did junior corps (parentals were not very supportive in that sense) Yea I could've joined Renegades... But... I wanted to do something big...

So I was told about the Kingsmen Alumni Corps roughly a year or two ago... At the time they didn't have a pit so I just brushed it off... But then in July 2006 my Uncle told me that they're gonna have a pit... I jumped at that opportunity, signed up for the forum, and went down for my first camp last August ...

I haven't looked back since... There's been ups and downs and I almost quit but I stuck it out...

I came into this group wanting to learn more about drum corps, wanting to hear the stories... I wanted to meet legends...

I came out of this group with all that and more... Forming friendships that will last a life time... Performing at the Rose Bowl in front of geez what was it 40+ thousand.. give or take... Being apart of something special with memories that are with me forever... My life has forever changed because of this group...

I'll end this here for the sake of turning this into a novel.. that and I'm tearing up right now just thinking about all the good times I had...

Thanks KAC