95.4 Really?

So... does anyone else besides me feel as though Phantom got royally SCREWED at semis when they got a 95.4??? That's not right... They played a GREAT show tonight, and might i add it was a LOT cleaner than last nights show... I just feel as though they got a little #### on by the judges.

lol What did you except them to get 100??? I loved this show from the beginning of the season, and I love everything they have done to improve this show, and they might pull out a few more tricks out of there sleeve tonight, Quarters and Semis had me weeping during the end of Firebird(Wedge) so we will see what happens tonight,

Remember they were in third place after semi's in 96.

Edited by CoreyD

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As opposed to whiners?

Do you think he's a "whiner" because he think's the corps was underscored or because he used the term "screwed?" (Which, btw, I don't agree with.)

From a much earlier thread...

If Phantom jumps Bluecoats, something is wrong unless Phantom's show has changed a ton since San Antonio and Bluecoats have gotten worse.

You (and others) are pretty quick to cry foul if Regiment scores higher than some of your favorites (e.g. Crown, Bluecoats), yet when someone else posts similar thoughts, but from the other side of the pendulum, they're a "whiner." If you honestly wrote this because he thought the corps was "screwed," then whatever. But, if you didn't, then I think it's a little ironic.

As I've said all along Phantom has had much more room to grow all season...Having said that it's interesting that BD and the Bluecoats have both been (IMO) peaked out but one continues to rise in scores and the other doesn't. For me it kind of ruins the suspense.

I think the scores are representative more of the judging problems in DCI than they are of corps performance itself. The placements are close to being accurate but the spreads are rediculas. If BD wins by a tenth they still win! Are the spreads justified? NOT IN MY OPINION!

The scores still carry weight with the viewing audience and right now they like the corps are being judged! Right now I'll give them and 66.6!

You (and others) are pretty quick to cry foul if Regiment scores higher than some of your favorites (e.g. Crown, Bluecoats), yet when someone else posts similar thoughts, but from the other side of the pendulum, they're a "whiner." If you honestly wrote this because he thought the corps was "screwed," then whatever. But, if you didn't, then I think it's a little ironic.

He is a whiner because they have leaped in score the past week or two. How in hell are you going to whine when you were once in 6th place and have moved up to 4th and your score is jumping about a point a contest?

Regiment put on a great performance. This show has grown by leaps and bounds, and is one of my favourites this year.

I couldn't give a rat's tuckus where they place, it does not affect me personally. I just want to be entertained.

I have long since abandoned the idea that art can be properly judged.

Regiment put on a great performance. This show has grown by leaps and bounds, and is one of my favourites this year.

I couldn't give a rat's tuckus where they place, it does not affect me personally. I just want to be entertained.

Yeah. Walking out the tunnel as Phantom ageouts were gathering to enter the field, people were going out of their way to thank them and praise them for the fire in their bellies last night, and they were just glowing. That's what makes it worthwhile, as a performer and a competitor... if people love and remember your performance. If they took that glow back to the bus and shared it, you'll see them rock the house again tonight.

I thought the first minute of Cavaliers show was full of enough mistakes to have them 5-6th. The baritone solo fracked 3 times alone!!! They should not have been 3rd at all. That was pure favortism judging last night.

I agree - Cadets gave the throw down performance of the night between them and BD - but Phantom, Cadets, and BD should have been within a point last night.

Almost all of BD show is loud playing, and drum transitions. No lyricism at all. I think I counted ONE eighth note in the ballad - with most of it being quarter notes and half notes.

Cadets actually have some great music - if only they'd lose the narration that disrupts it.

Phantom percussion in 3rd was ridiculously wrong - but J. J. Pipitone was judging and I'd expect nothing less. He has dogged Phantom all year. Also, Dave Carbone was judging and we know he wanted to give it to BD. He had them .1 ahead of Phantom in the subcaption of musicality. Are you kidding me?!?!?! Tonight I have a feeling Jeff Prosperie is judging and it will come out the right way. (Ok everyone is going to say - he worked for Phantom before).......this is true - however - when PR added some drum stuff earlier this year, he actually had them second to Cadets or BD at a show - deservedly so - as the line hadn't cleaned up all the new stuff yet. I heard last night what went on - and all I have to say is if it's a repeat tonight - the Sanford Award better go to Phantom Regiment for the 2nd year in a row!

If Phantom doesn't move ahead of Cavaliers and find themselves somewhere in the Top 3 - if shows are performed similar to last night - then it will be a travesty.

WRONG!!!

Matisse is Better than Monet!

Andriessen Is Better than Cage!

Chocolate is better than Vanilla!

Bert is better than Ernie!!!!

And if you don't agree with me than there's a conspiracy!!!!1one We're getting skroooooooooooooooooooooooooed!

:P :P :P :)

I'd rather see my fave corps in the #1 spot, but if they're not, I'll still load up the audio on my iPod.

(BTW Nikk...your posts have been missed this summer! How's new-found life as a doctor???)

With all due respect - the percussion title belongs to BD due to the average scores from the last two nights.