This is a disaster

His point is that Steve appears to have not judged any other shows before tonight (although I thought there was a rules proposal requiring judges to have judged a certain number of shows during the season in order to judge Finals). Since this would be his first read of all 12 shows, there may be some strange scoring in his caption as a result.

Close....actually, I have really never felt like he was a quality judge. I am not a Cadets fan, but they CLEARLY had the best brassline in 2001 and he put them third, behind BD and SCV. Also, his "20" in quarterfinals to BD was a poor decision. Also, his tapes just don't seem to make much sense, and he doesn't get good reads of corps....watch a DVD of finals with him judging, and he just seems like he has no clue what is going on. Thats all.

Just FYI, Albert Lo is judging field brass tonight. Not sure if S.C. made the panel or not. I would assume that Joe Allison is on GE Music, and maybe Ensemble music is Dallas Neyermeyer or Paul McGarr. Just my guess.

My original post was more out of panic than anything!

Edited by eightyonepointthree

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to Remember a certain Steve Calhoun giving BD a perfect brass score in quarter finals in 04.... quarter finals! ... Eh, i guess thats just me being bitter..... But i know quite a few people who arent exactly agreeable with this man....

BDavis

This is terrible. I can't find the name "Steve Calhoun" on any recaps before tonight. If he is judging tonight, then look for NO logic in his caption (especially if it is brass performance).

Lets hope Paul McGarr is on field brass so there is SOME credibility to the caption.

This could be a disaster.

:unsure:

I just made your profile Simpsons photo my desktop background. :D

Hey, thanks, Kevin!

For what it's worth, I love Boxcenter! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to hear you break down the week in Pasadena!!!

Paul McGarr is a fantastic arranger, instructor and adjudicator. If I was a staff member of a DCI Div I corps I certainly would want Paul McGarr judging.

I'm slightly biased, he was my corps brass arranger and one of the instructors in 2005.

Paul taught me back in the day as well. A truly amazing educator, motivator and mentor.