Retreat order....

I'm confused. I've been to two different finals in my life, 2003 and 2004. In 2004 I was apart of many and many of retreats.

bd_wins.jpg

Cadets on one side and Cavaliers on the other. Every other year the semi and quarter winner was on the outside. As in the last corps to compete. This picture is on the Blue Devils website if you want to see it in it's original form.

This is true.

However, from the angle BD's people were takin pictures, it looks like they gave Blue Devils the 50 yard line, not the endzone like normal. It seems it went like this. The corps was probably centered on the 50, between the 45's

12 10 8 6 4 2 1 3 5 7 9 11

This is true.

However, from the angle BD's people were takin pictures, it looks like they gave Blue Devils the 50 yard line, not the endzone like normal. It seems it went like this. The corps was probably centered on the 50, between the 45's

12 10 8 6 4 2 1 3 5 7 9 11

Yes, this is how I have always said they should do it. Put the best corps front and center.

Yes, this is how I have always said they should do it. Put the best corps front and center.

I don't know--something about standing in the end zone that always struck me as cool. Never got to do it. I kind of equate this to the whole idea of "no losers" our society has developed.

Then again, with the competition level this year, this makes sense at some level, even at 1:42 am. And PR still got the joy of standing side by side with their friends from across the state. I'm sure the Jolly Ranchers taste just as good at mid-field as at the 20!

What wasn't right was that Spirit got crammed into the end of the field and didn't even have a full 10 yards for their corps. Talk about a lack of respect.

How would they not get their full 10 yards? Unless my math/logic circuit is broken this morning, they should have had the entire 10-yard endzone. No?

How would they not get their full 10 yards? Unless my math/logic circuit is broken this morning, they should have had the entire 10-yard endzone. No?

I think the Div. II/III champions may have taken up half of that, so Spirit didn't get their full space.

The international corps was also on the field, beyond the other end zone.

I think the Div. II/III champions may have taken up half of that, so Spirit didn't get their full space.

If that's the case, then yes. That's cruddy.