2008 show ideas

These are just ideas. Hopefully people will just throw ideas up here and not take it as their opportunity to blast others and say ideas are bad. Just thoughts here people.

I'd seriously like to see a corps do a selection from the soundtrack from Moulin Rouge. It'd have to be arranged for drum corps, but man, there are some fantastic medleys and songs on that disc!

Nature Boy

Because We Can (the can-can-can) - Fatboy Slim

Lead in with narration that says, "Love is like oxygen!" for the Elephant Love Medley

One Day I'll Fly Away

El Tango de Roxanne

Come What May

The music selection in that movie absolutely lifts me to another realm.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2008 Predictions!!! You heard it here first!

Phantom: Strauss - Till Eulenspiegel, any Mahler, and ballad will be Prelude to Act III of Kunihild by Kistler

Cavaliers: Back to something that is based off a visual design and music is written for that visual design.

Blue Devils: Try to repeat their championship with another show comprised almost completely of 2 things: loud playing and drum transitions in-between the loud playing.

Carolina: Will become Phantom-light. Not quite such dark music - but will stay in the symphonic realm, possibly escaping for their ballad of "My Heart will go On" by Celine Dion from Titanic

Cadets: In the Zone: Part 3 - Hoppy's wild ride! (Ok - I saw that earlier - and that is by far the best idea yet for any 2008 corps show!)

SCV: I can't predict - we already know. 3hree

Bluecoats: Will totally leave the jazz realm and will play music by John Cage

Blue Knights: Will finally stop this "dark" theme they've been doing for 2 years and will play music of John Williams superhero themes.

Boston: Will once again play a show that's good enough to make 9th place in finals, but no one will really remember it.

Colts: Will see a re-surgance and get 7th place with a show based on the music of Leonard Bernstein

Glassmen: Will fall out of finals but play a very entertaining show based on music from kids television shows.

Spirit: Will stay 12th again next year and play a show with the theme being the Sun, and after 08 - will leave JSU and affiliate with Univ. of Alaska.

Madison: Will sneak back into finals in 10th or 11th place going back to their roots. Yes - Malaguena will be on the field in 2008 - you heard it here first!

Academy: Will coast through the 1st half of the year in 12th place, but fall out of finals contention by the end of July - playing music of Richard Saucedo

Bluecoats: Will realize it's a bad, bad, idea to play something that Phantom Regiment is playing the same year, and to be sure they don't make the same mistake - will play 20th century atonal music.

Edited by PhantomPhanatic

phantom- 'Troubled waters'

selections from 'The Kaiser Von Atlantis" with 'the Romance of Lt. Kije' as a ballad.

VK will come on the field toting something like 40 amps and use them as props.

Edited by comeonfhqwhgads

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI - Tommy by The Who

Sorry, the Scouts need to go back to Latin/Jazz music.

Phantom Regiment- I like the Rite of Spring idea or a Phillip Glass show

I dig the Chicken Soup for the Teenager's Soul Idea for The Cadets.

The Cadets " Amish Anthems " music to follow.

haha, as someone who has spent the last 5 years in amish country pa....I'd like to see that!

I'd like the Madison Scouts to pull out some latin jazz again Malaga was hot, I think if they got they're act together they would be top 10 again, or something along the lines of power, pizazz and all the jazz! Swining Pete or Remeberance!

Phantom should do a Twist on the classics, taking some good o'l fashion music and jazzing it up a bit like Vesti La Giubba (from I Pagliacci) in 77!

Then they couldn't have have electricity! Oh No!

Electricity, This I do not believe!

Blue Devils- Intersections in Jazz (Music of Maynard Fergusson and Charlie Parker)

Cadets- DNA - The Instruction Manual for Life (but i dont know for the music, the theme sounds cool)

Cavies- IDK Something original

Phantom- Candide (by Leonard Bernstein)

Crown- Pathways (The New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms by Michael Kamen)

Bluecoats- All Aboard (Tempered Steel by Charles Young, Happy Go Lucky Local by Billy Strayhorn/Duke Ellington, Take The "A" Train by Billy Strayhorn/Duke Ellington)

SCV- Already chosen

BK- The Raven (but i dont know for the music, the theme sounds cool)

BAC- Phobias (The Music of Bernard Herrmann and Alfred Reed)

Colts- Catchin' Some Z's (Music of Michael Daugherty)

Glassmen- Shattered Glass (Music from Philip Glass. Mishima, The Hours, and 1000 Airplanes on the Roof)

Spirit- Capture and Escape Time to Take Back the Knights (by Stephen Melillo, Prelude: Adagio for Theresa by Al DeImeola, Mediterraneo by Giancarlo Bigazzi, Libertango by Aster Piazolla)

Academy- Under Construction (but i dont know for the music, the theme sounds cool)

Blue Stars- The Edge of Anxiety (Concerto for Violin & Orchestra by Phillip Glass, Music from Halloween by John Carpenter, O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff)

Madison- Guitarras Espanoles (La Fiesta Mexicana by H. Owen Reed, Chiaroscuro by Robert Sheldon, Chaos Theory by James Bonney, and it wouldnt be complete without Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona)

Crossmen- The Sands of Time (but i dont know for the music, the theme sounds cool)

Edited by whsband08