2008 show ideas

I'm not trying to be offensive, but that just sounds too band-ish.

shows have sounded bandish in the thought process before and won. i can think of cavies '04 for one. how many people heard bond from high school bands before and dismissed the idea of cavies succeeding with it?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shows have sounded bandish in the thought process before and won. i can think of cavies '04 for one. how many people heard bond from high school bands before and dismissed the idea of cavies succeeding with it?

You didn't get me with that example.

But, I understand where you are coming from.

So, I've got another idea. This one's kind of out there, and I have no idea which corps it would be suitable for, but I think it'd be neat to put on the field. In fact, I've actually tried to write music for it before...didn't turn out to well.

The idea in question? The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

I got the idea for this show after listening to the soundtrack over and over and over again (most awesome soundtrack FTW - Joby Talbot is under-rated!). However, I didn't put these in order of the movie. Instead, I put it in order of how the music sounds...like, for instance - "Capture of Trillian" occurs before "Planet Factory Floor" in the movie, but I ended up switching them because I thought "Planet" sounded like a great ballad, and "Capture" would be a great percussion feature/closer following that. So, with that explanation out of the way, here's my idea (one last note: it helps if you have the soundtrack, because the song titles don't mean a thing unless you know what the actual songs sound like):

Opener: "Journey of the Sorceror," "So Long And Thanks For All The Fish"

Ballad: "The Whale," "Planet Factory Floor"

Percussion Feature: "Capture of Trillian"

Closer: "Capture of Trillian," "Blast Off," "So Long And Thanks For All The Fish (Reprise)"

So...that's it. I really wish I could post sound clips of these songs, because unless you've listened to the soundtrack, it's impossible to tell what this show would be like. I suggest listening to some of the samples on Amazon.com.

Well, there's my idea...again, no idea which corps could perform it (but for some reason, when I imagined a drum corps performing it, The Colts were the first corps I thought of), but...yeah. You like?

Someone, somewhere, someday, is going to do an all-Jimi Hendrix show, and make me very happy.

Might not make the judges or fans very happy, but what the heck!

Fran

You'd think people who complain about DCI and modern junior corps shows so much would have better ideas for shows.

Hahaha b**bs

And to whoever mentioned "Chocolate Rain," you got it stuck in my head, thanks a lot! <**> Haha, jk...

PR doesn't do the wedge every year.

SCV doesn't do the bottle dance every year.

Cadets don't do a Z-pull every year.

Why is it sacrilege if Troopers don't do a Sunburst?

It's not....but people will be peeved if they dont

Edited by roosevelt

Then they can raise an insane amount of money to donate to the corps to ensure a Sunburst. :)

Don't you get it.....people like to complain while sitting on their wallets and not offering to help....it is the american way <**>

Edited by roosevelt