Changes in Leadership at the Boston Crusaders

I've always been curious about the term "DIRECTOR" of a drum corps. You see, my experience in drum corps and my director was that he sort of fixed buses, cooked food, helped with the operations of things, etc, etc. I could no more see Jack Bevins (my old director) making any PROGRAMMING or SHOW DESIGN recommendations than I could see a grill worker at McDonald's recommending menu changes to Wolfgang Puck.

So....in reference to Mr. Weinstein (who I have a great amount of respect for), was that his role--to make programming and style decisions. I assume every corps is different, right? I think George Hopkins makes these kinds of decisions for Cadets, right? So--in essence, the corps director is NOT or IS sort of like the high school marching band director--who I look at in my current model as the FINAL say about how things are for their particular programs?

Howard has been a vital part of the design and programming process at Boston over the past several years. He works right alongside the other designers and captionheads to create the final product.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and the Crossmen will be from Texas and the Crown will be from Japan and the Blue Stars will have to select a location as they hold camps in two states. Wait a minute, this is too complicated to figure out. Perhaps you can draft a proposal to limit the geographical area that any member may travel from to participate in a Corps. Maybe DCI will allow you to present it at the Winter meeting.

I am so glad you are going to solve this critical issue, thank you sooooo much! :worthy:

thanks for the sarcasm... let me restate my question. Does this mean that the crusaders will hold the bulk of their camps and rehearsals back in the boston area? I wasn't asking weather or not the members would all be from boston, just if the would be housed in that area.

thanks for the sarcasm... let me restate my question. Does this mean that the crusaders will hold the bulk of their camps and rehearsals back in the boston area? I wasn't asking weather or not the members would all be from boston, just if the would be housed in that area.

Why would they want to rehearse in Boston when there is three feet of snow on the ground in February and Logan airport closes for days at a time???? If there are still Florida rehearsal venues available, that's where they should rehearse during the winter months------jthe Red Sox also practice in Florida in the pre-season, btw.

....and I LIVE in New England!

Why would they want to rehearse in Boston when there is three feet of snow on the ground in February and Logan airport closes for days at a time???? If there are still Florida rehearsal venues available, that's where they should rehearse during the winter months------jthe Red Sox also practice in Florida in the pre-season, btw.

....and I LIVE in New England!

People are so quick to forget....New England is friggin cold