Auditioning for Div. 1

I'm Amber and I'll be auditioning for The Cadets on baritone. If I don't make it there, I'm not sure where I'll go (maybe Surf or Colts), but I WILL be marching somewhere in some division next summer.

Are you in New Jersey? Can you learn fast? The Bushwackers may have a baritone spot for the next 3 weeks. It would be great experience. Let me know.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't discount yourself that easily. Anyways, you may be able to audition for both. They're not 1000 miles apart.

I just don't want to waste the $75 on the Scouts when most of the Baritone line aren't age outs... And Blue Stars aren't as competitive for hornline spots. On the other hand, if the Scouts use the 15 spots on hornline...

Serious question: I support people making the decision to march anywhere if they don't get their first choice. That's great! But how many of the "big boys" allow people to make them their "second choice"? What's stopping (I'm just picking two names here at random) Blue Knights from saying "You auditioned at Cadets? KTHXBYE!"

Do many corps have issues with auditioning elsewhere?

I say it's none of their business if you've auditioned anywhere else. I'd say anybody who does has an inferiority complex.

I just don't want to waste the $75 on the Scouts when most of the Baritone line aren't age outs... And Blue Stars aren't as competitive for hornline spots. On the other hand, if the Scouts use the 15 spots on hornline...

We did have some tones age out, so don't discount your chances so easily. Besides, the $75 is not paying for the chance to audition, it's for the the housing, food, and instruction you receive. Even if you were to not receive a spot, it is worth the time and effort. I've been cut from various places but i never felt like i wasted my time or money.

On topic of the thread, i'll be retuning to Madison for another year on mello. Looking forward to another mean book by John Georgeson!

I'm Susie, and I've got enough saved for a ticket to Illinois to check out Phantom Regiment's camp (for the experience)! Other than that, the plan is to go out for the Crusaders, and maaaaaaaaaybe Spirit. On mellophone!!!

hmmmmm.....well.... i am either going to audition on trumpet or mello for the blue stars, crown, glassmen, phantom, crossmen, blue coats, or the cadets.... i havent decided who yet though. i guess it depends on who holds audition camps in texas....oh and my names chris

Well Bluecoats not only hold audition camps in Texas but they hold a number of winter camps in Texas as well so if you pass audition you wouldn't have to travel so far to the winter rehearsals like you would for other corps that only hold audition camps in Texas.

I think i am going out for Southwinds Tenor line but not to sure i just told my parents about it and they flipped out....

Hahaha, word to that.

My freshman year of college I phoned my parents and told them I'd be auditioning for drum corps, and since I was all the way at college and I was paying for all of it, there was really nothing they could do about it. They tried bargaining with me, but I wouldn't have it :)