164 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one of the following finishes at DCA

• ES, Bucs, Cabs
    • ES, Cabs, Bucs
    • Bucs, Cabs, ES
    • Bucs, ES, Cabs
    • Cabs, Bucs, ES
    • Cabs, ES, Bucs

Well, WayBack, let me ask you how big the celebration was in Reading in 1981 for that Buccaneer Three-peat? Oh, wait! That's because there WASN'T one! I'd bet you joined a pretty dour bunch back in 1982, upset at losing out on their third ring.

I'm not wishing for Bucs to lose, I'm just warning people that they shouldn't count anyone out nor start getting their fingers sized for that ring. Notice that I also said in my post (that you so generously quoted) "you'll see Bucs, Cabs, ES in some order at the top." (emphasis added)

As far as the rest of your comment goes, I know some people in corps who never will/did get even a sniff at the DCA title who got some bigger ones than anyone currently sporting any "We're Number 1" hardware. If I were you, I'd be a lot more careful about saying things like that. "Never give your opponent any bulletin board material."

Thank you . Nothing to add, except maybe good luck to ALL :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey WayBack.....

I happen to know there are plenty of nuts in the Cabs.

:wub:

Hey Dennis - Shouldn't you be at rehersal :P ?

Well now,,, I see that I have got the juice flowing here! The bottom line is,, NUT UP! All of the top 5 are really good. Thats a fact! If you have the nuts Cabs, then NUT UP! Im pulling for you. If you have the nuts ES, Then NUT UP!

As far as the celebration in 81 or 82, We did the best we could. Good enough to beat the Cabs both years. Even with pink hula hoops! (how gay was that? Im glad they were gone by finals) But thats history. And Im proud of the product that we put out. And Im sure the Cabs were proud too.

The bottom line is that the Bucs have a great show. All others have to make it happen to beat them. Its all up to the corps.

Im not out to bust balls here, I want all to do well! The show will go on!

I luv this stuff! :P

Unfortunately, Smoothy, the facts are: Bucs have not lost yet, Cabs have only lost to Bucs, Statesmen have only lost to Bucs and Cabs, and Bush has not beaten any of those, but have bested everyone else they have faced. Minnesota fell about 3 points short against Statesmen. Odds are quite good that you'll see Bucs, Cabs, ES in some order at the top.

We compete for the thrill of it. When they invent a DCA season where it literally is impossible to divine the final outcome (1987 comes to my mind as close to that ideal - unfortunately, it never got resolved the way the corps wanted it to, except for Sunrisers maybe!) then we'll be in your happy place! :)

we called it the tic system back then, Dale! :wub:

Not looking to start a virtual fistfight folks, but with that system you really never knew until the scores were announced.

Well now,,, I see that I have got the juice flowing here! The bottom line is,, NUT UP! All of the top 5 are really good. Thats a fact! If you have the nuts Cabs, then NUT UP! Im pulling for you. If you have the nuts ES, Then NUT UP!

WayBack,

No juiciness here.

I just meant there are some real nuts in the Cabs......that's all. Certifiable. Loony. :wub:

Thanks for pulling though.

Peace,

Dennis

"Dale Bari"

"Well, WayBack, let me ask you how big the celebration was in Reading in 1981 for that Buccaneer Three-peat? Oh, wait! That's because there WASN'T one! I'd bet you joined a pretty dour bunch back in 1982, upset at losing out on their third ring."

No sour grapes here pal, It is what it is. "Dour bunch"? Did we get out our thesaurus today?

"As far as the rest of your comment goes, I know some people in corps who never will/did get even a sniff at the DCA title who got some bigger ones than anyone currently sporting any "We're Number 1" hardware. If I were you, I'd be a lot more careful about saying things like that. "Never give your opponent any bulletin board material.""

What F are you smoken? My comments are just that "Comments" If you think that anyone will post anything that I have to say, Your F'ed up. I don’t represent the Bucs. I did in 1982. Not now. I stand by my comments. They are based on fact. Did I say "the Bucs will win? NO! I said that nobody has the nuts to put a better show on the field to beat them up to now. They might next week,,, but until it happens, the Bucs are unbeaten. FACT. If a corps NUTS UP then congratulations go to that Corps. FACT!

New scores

Buccaneers 92.588

Caballeros 90.925

Bushwackers 89.050

Hurricanes 86.026

Empire Statesmen 92.125

Brigadiers 89.263

Crusaders 83.775

Sunrisers 76.200 (1.2)

Fusion Core 74.688

White Sabers 68.725 (0.3)

NUT UP!

Edited by WayBackBuc

Not looking to start a virtual fistfight folks, but with that system you really never knew until the scores were announced.

OK.....I'll wade into a right hook here...... :P

I think the tick system was every bit as subjective, if not more so, than the current system..... and just as open to practices such as pre-determination and slotting. One judge's idea of a "tick" was another judge's idea of nothing wrong.

Just my opinion.

Fran