Blue Devils aerial photos

I was looking at aerial photos at local.live.com and found the following images of (I assume) Blue Devils rehearsing in a horn arc at the MARS field. Any BDs able to tell us what exactly we see in the photos? I recognize some of the BD vehicles.

I'd be curious to know if any of you have found similar photos of other corps...

marswest.jpg

marseast.jpg

marsnorth.jpg

marssouth.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHHHHHHHH... Flash backs...Melting hot during the day....Freezing cold at night. If you pan back you will see all the refineries which is the reason they call it "Mars" because at night they light up like some sort of Space Port and it is desolate like the red planet.

The big brown thing in the middle is a wooden building that has viewing stands, storage, offices and a tower for the staff to view the show. Over the years I heard they added showers, but I am not sure.

In the far corner there is permanent housing. Someone actually lives in that trailer year round and cares for the grounds and equipment.

the rest is various buses, Equipment trucks , and storage containers. There is also some fountains.

Years ago they planted a bunch of trees for wind breaks. They started to grow then died , so they took them out. It was probably due to a cloud that floated over from the refineries. The same stuff that gives BD its super powers B)

AHHHHHHHHH... Flash backs...Melting hot during the day....Freezing cold at night. If you pan back you will see all the refineries which is the reason they call it "Mars" because at night they light up like some sort of Space Port and it is desolate like the red planet.

The big brown thing in the middle is a wooden building that has viewing stands, storage, offices and a tower for the staff to view the show. Over the years I heard they added showers, but I am not sure.

In the far corner there is permanent housing. Someone actually lives in that trailer year round and cares for the grounds and equipment.

the rest is various buses, Equipment trucks , and storage containers. There is also some fountains.

Years ago they planted a bunch of trees for wind breaks. They started to grow then died , so they took them out. It was probably due to a cloud that floated over from the refineries. The same stuff that gives BD its super powers B)

Geez, the field looks like a friggin' obstacle course ... You ever lose any members in the pot holes?

Never lost anybody in the pot holes on Mars. Now the baseball fields? Those are where kids get sucked up in the cracks. Mars is paradise compared to the baseball fields.

Many sectionals have taken place in various baseball diamonds out there over the years.

Taters is right though. Hotter than hades during the day and bone chilling cold at night. There is an occasional green or yellow cloud floating over, to remind the corps the colors of their competitors. If there is ever a blue cloud, head for the hills.

The pictures must be from a camp weekend since there are very few cars out there. That usually happens during camps when the cars are at the hall. Although, given the state of the field, this looks like a summer time shot. Early season there is grass in the mid field.

Now, if somebody took a picture during the early 80's when the horn line rehearsed the gate turns. The 30's would look like radioactive signs from the constant pounding the field took from the horn line.

Edited by TrainWreck

Don't let Colin Powell get ahold of those. He'll take them to the UN as evidence that BD has mobile chemical weapons labs.

Huh? I never noticed anyone living there. You sure they still do?

Numbers look a bit small for the A corps, perhaps it was the B or C corps rehearsing on the day the satellite flew overhead.

Edited by MagicBobert

how do you get the clear picture like that? im trying to find my house on that, but I can't get a picture quality like you got. any help? lol

Go into 3D mode...you'll get great quality...at least I did ^0^