FREE! DCI videos and audios online!

DCI videos for advertising  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If DCI offered FREE video downloads online with advertising for national advertisers, would you download?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other/Suggestions (discuss below)

I would pay for the online download AND buy the DVDs. Guess I just like having my entertainment in various locations. B)

:sshh:

I would pay for the online download AND buy the DVDs. Guess I just like having my entertainment in various locations. B)

Well, copyright law says you shouldn't have to, but ever since the heaping pile of garbage that is the DMCA got put on the books...

Well, copyright law says you shouldn't have to, but ever since the heaping pile of garbage that is the DMCA got put on the books...

Actually, it's the MDCA (Millenium Digital Copyright Act), but you are right ... It's a crock.

You can thank Jack Valenti for that ... If you get a chance, rent "This Film Has Not Yet Been Rated" and you'll get the low-down on the MPAA, who they are, what they do, and who pays for it ... The whole thing is a major crock o' shiite ...

No doubt.

And Randy... don't make me "good game" you! ^0^

hehhehheh... A man can dream, can't he?

Actually, it's the MDCA (Millenium Digital Copyright Act), but you are right ... It's a crock.

You can thank Jack Valenti for that ... If you get a chance, rent "This Film Has Not Yet Been Rated" and you'll get the low-down on the MPAA, who they are, what they do, and who pays for it ... The whole thing is a major crock o' shiite ...

No, it really is DMCA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

That's true, but if high school kids see their favorite line marching Yamaha and they currently march Pearl, you can bet their going to pester their director to get Yamahas next time they order drums.

Also, streaming is actually far more expensive in the long run. Serving straight-up downloads encourages people to hold on to the video and watch it from their hard drive rather than redownload it from the site every time. Streaming requires the bandwidth to serve the video every time someone wants to watch it. We all know that DCI's web team didn't really design the site to hold up under stress well, so I don't see how they could also serve free streaming video to everyone under their current design. Streaming video will also run up the bandwidth bill ridiculously fast.

Thanks for the info--helps having tech-junkies around here for us simple trombonists!

Bump. Any further thoughts/comments? On the OP concept, not the MDCA/DMCA/DCA/DCM thing.