Did They March?

Hey Allaina - don't forget Jake Drissell too. :)

Scotti and Jake are prime examples of people who would do anything for their drum corps - even go down with major injuries.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the injury timeline to be considered a member?

If someone moved-in with a corps at the beginning of the summer and had a season ending injury a week later, is that person a member?

What's the injury timeline to be considered a member?

If someone moved-in with a corps at the beginning of the summer and had a season ending injury a week later, is that person a member?

I think that's where the uniform thought comes in IMO. I think at least getting one performance in uniform is a huge factor in being a member, or even feeling like one. For that matter.

This is a little off topic, but do you think that alternates who do basics all summer long, stand in horn arc or any non-ensemble rehearsal situation all summer long, stay out in the heat all summer long, but never get the chance to put on the uniform and march a show are not members? I think they are.

Just sayin'. I know that was in response to the topic at hand, I'm just being difficult. Sorry. :blink:

I would say that they are indeed a member of the corps. The difference is that their role in the corps is that of an alternate. They may never get to march that spot directly, but they did absolutely everything else necessary to be a member including tour. I'd say that they were a member, just an alternate member.

This is a little off topic, but do you think that alternates who do basics all summer long, stand in horn arc or any non-ensemble rehearsal situation all summer long, stay out in the heat all summer long, but never get the chance to put on the uniform and march a show are not members? I think they are.

Just sayin'. I know that was in response to the topic at hand, I'm just being difficult. Sorry. :blink:

I'd love to hear the answers to that. Personal experience said that the alternates were not treated as full members of the corps. But I think this was already its own thread.

What about those who say here on DCP they have marched but you know for a fact they did not?

The mods seem to allow this and shun "outing" these people.

Because, if they were to shun those people, who would they have to spout off their banter about what corps are good and bad.

I mean...we need people around that only know who is good because they have seen score threads or have seen the video from last year.

It helps them have a better understanding and more foundation for their argument that corps that they have never seen or heard from, oh, 5 years ago aren't as good as today's corps, because how could they have been better? They haven't seen them, there's no way they could be better.