What do the Scouts need to do to become more competetive?

(OMG I SAID SOMETHING NICE ABOUT THE SCOUTS!!!1! :doh: )

I guess all things ARE possible

:P

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personaly if it aint broke dont fix it. we're brothers and id like to see it stay that way

Right on young brother.

Way back in the day I marched in 2 all male corps & one mixed gender corps.

Its hard to explain but all male was so much less complicated.

The Scouts just need to keep heading in the direction they're going and get off to a good start next season.

Slotting starts so early these days with such a short season. B)

People said the same thing about the Cavaliers in the 70s. They seem to have recovered fairly well. Kilties jr. corps was also in the same spot. They did admit women. Didn't help.

Oh, and, REALLY bad analogy at the end there.

I agree, really bad analogy. A better one would be that men should be allowed to join the National Organization of Women- how well would that go over?

QUOTE(vferrera @ Aug 29 2007, 07:59 AM)

People said the same thing about the Cavaliers in the 70s. They seem to have recovered fairly well.

So it's going to take the Scouts 30 years to win championships again??? SHEESH!!! I highly doubt DCI will still be around in 30 years... so...

I guess Madison is done. They should just fold now!

or

Get a decent guard, geez they're horriffic.

BUT IT'S NO GIRLS ALLOWED!

Go get your own club house. We built this....it's OUR clubhouse.

Then one summer the girls "blossomed."

We WANTED them in our club house.

But we were always the "icky boys."

There...a little growing up poem for all of us to share.

Again, I see no problem with it being all-male. Personally, I've NEVER read or heard a good reason why they should change.

Again, I see no problem with it being all-male. Personally, I've NEVER read or heard a good reason why they should change.
I love the all male guard. Don't know why exactly... Like Cavies too. Guess it just strikes me as more artistic and less high school. (not that the other CGs aren't wonderfull... this is just a personal preference)

I love the all male guard. Don't know why exactly... Like Cavies too. Guess it just strikes me as more artistic and less high school. (not that the other CGs aren't wonderfull... this is just a personal preference)

I'm trying to figure out why people have a problem with male camaraderie. I guess it's a combination of "business sense" and WAY too much PC (though no one has a problem with women-only groups... but that's another discussion for another day...)

People claim that "limiting" yourself to just men means you're limiting yourself in talent... but c'mon, in the millions of Americans (and billions of international participants) do you not think they can find 150 awesome performers? There's no WAY they'd get the "150 best" anyway even if they DID allow women in... some would go to BD, to Phantom, to Crown, etc.

And who is anyone to criticize? They've had an amazing run so far these past few years... methinks they have the right idea of what to do.

I'm trying to figure out why people have a problem with male camaraderie. I guess it's a combination of "business sense" and WAY too much PC (though no one has a problem with women-only groups... but that's another discussion for another day...)

Think the "discussion" has already been had b**bs Revisit: Hooters Drum Corps. (JUST FOR FUN)

QUOTE(vferrera @ Aug 29 2007, 07:59 AM)

People said the same thing about the Cavaliers in the 70s. They seem to have recovered fairly well.

So it's going to take the Scouts 30 years to win championships again??? SHEESH!!! I highly doubt DCI will still be around in 30 years... so...

I guess Madison is done. They should just fold now!

or

Get a decent guard, geez they're horriffic.

Sheesh! Mellodramatic much? :wub: :P