1990 - 1st

1991 - 6th

1992 - 2nd

1993 - 1st

2005 - 1st

2006 - 5th

2007 - 2nd

2008 - 1st?

Interesting, isn't it. I mean, whenever the Cadets have a bad year, they always seem to rebound (2004-2005) (4th-1st), (1999-2000) (4th-1st).

Anyone else find this odd?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cadets

1990 - 1st

1991 - 6th

1992 - 2nd

1993 - 1st

2005 - 1st

2006 - 5th

2007 - 2nd

2008 - 1st?

Interesting, isn't it. I mean, whenever the Cadets have a bad year, they always seem to rebound (2004-2005) (4th-1st), (1999-2000) (4th-1st).

Anyone else find this odd?

The bad year - good year thing has been brought up on here many times, and generally holds true. I had a good time laughing at all the prediction threads that had the cadets in 6th or lower this year - they tend to do their best when theyre generally ###### off. As far as 1st next year....even I wouldnt make that prediction :blink:

You need to start refering to them as "My Cadets" !!

~G~

G, I think I know who you are referring to and it drives me bonkers.

Cadets are my favorite corps. :o

And that makes it impossible for you to be ignorant about them?? :blink:

I know your history bud (as far as dcp goes), and I know theirs. I know how they think, how they work, and how theyre run. It's no secret to me and many others why most 'bad' years are followed by good years, but before you force me to get into that, lets take a look at the numbers.

After the threepeat (which was something entirely different), the cadets won 6 more times. 4, or 2/3 of those times, came after finishes of 4th or lower (which was in itself a rarity). Lets look at it from a different perspective. The Cadets have placed 4th-6th, exactly 7 times since their breakthough in 1983. Every time (with the exception of the 89 show that we all love anyway), they came back to not only place better, but to win or take 2nd place by a narrow margin. We can get into why this happens if you want, but calling it coincidence is like saying the cavaliers 'got lucky' this past decade :P

Thats so odd.I was thinking the exact thing yesterday while driving. I even did the math in my head without wrecking! B)

I guess we'll see in 08

P.S is 1992 worth downloading? I've never seen or heard it once!

Thats so odd.I was thinking the exact thing yesterday while driving. I even did the math in my head without wrecking! B)

I guess we'll see in 08

P.S is 1992 worth downloading? I've never seen or heard it once!

1992 is one of the best Cadets shows to not win