SHOULD DCI ALLOW SALE OF ALCOHOL AT SHOWS?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand there was also booing at some movie theaters. No beer there.

You don't think there was beer at the theaters.

Who are you kidding!!!

We had brought in two cases and enjoyed the beer more than the show!!!

CODI

You don't think there was beer at the theaters.

Who are you kidding!!!

We had brought in two cases and enjoyed the beer more than the show!!!

CODI

Yep fer sure. I had friends tell me that they attended the showing in NY and went to an upscale pub right next door to the theater during the "less attractive" corps and had a few before returning to see the "good" ones! :laugh:

Beer at a Junior Drum Corps Show? :sshh:

I don't think it sound right. <_<

Beer Belongs at a Senior show, Baseball game, Football Game or with Pizza or any Italian or Mexican food. b**bs

Maybe at an after the Drum Corps show party. :laugh:

By banning or restricting alcohol in so many situations, it causes people to go nuts when it is allowed, as it seems such a novelty to them.

If it wasn't restricted, people would be more moderate in their consumption, as it wouldn't be anything unusual.

As for restricting alcohol because an event would be considered a family event, that is precisely where youth should learn to responsibly consume alcohol... with their family.

If the US as a country operated along those lines I'd be fine with it. However, as the US does NOT operate that way, I don't see why drum corps shows should cater to lushes who can't go a few hours without getting lubed up.

My argument makes sense. If you choose to attempt to discredit my point by negating technical details such as misinterpreting the analogies then I won't argue with you. Should DCI allow the sale of alcohol at shows? DCI should not prohibit the legal sale of alcohol when available. Since DCI doesn't have the right to provide alcohol they aren't in a position to allow or disallow the sale or consumption of it in a stadium possessing the right to do so.

I would think that DCI could specify the sale of booze or not in the contract they negotiate with a stadium.

Yep fer sure. I had friends tell me that they attended the showing in NY and went to an upscale pub right next door to the theater during the "less attractive" corps and had a few before returning to see the "good" ones! :laugh:

There are full bars in the movie theatres here. You can take in beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc. I guess I have been gone too long, as it would seem a bit weird not to be able to get a beer in the cinema if I wanted to. You can get beer at McDonalds here or at the newsstand on the street. One of my favourite things in the wintertime are street vendors selling hot spiced wine.

Back to the theatre... when Shrek was running here, the theatre chain had a promotion for a Shrek cocktail that was given free to any adult bringing more than two children. It was a joint promo with Midori.

Because it is everywhere and isn't restricted (a 12 year old can get a beer if they wanted to), it isn't a big deal... and people don't go nuts. This is something that really needs to be addressed in the states, but, it never will change because of social conservatives pushing the issue... who are actually being played by the alcohol companies. Restriction actually increases demand, not decreases it, particularly among youth.

There are full bars in the movie theatres here. You can take in beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc. I guess I have been gone too long, as it would seem a bit weird not to be able to get a beer in the cinema if I wanted to. You can get beer at McDonalds here or at the newsstand on the street. One of my favourite things in the wintertime are street vendors selling hot spiced wine.

Back to the theatre... when Shrek was running here, the theatre chain had a promotion for a Shrek cocktail that was given free to any adult bringing more than two children. It was a joint promo with Midori.

Because it is everywhere and isn't restricted (a 12 year old can get a beer if they wanted to), it isn't a big deal... and people don't go nuts. This is something that really needs to be addressed in the states, but, it never will change because of social conservatives pushing the issue... who are actually being played by the alcohol companies. Restriction actually increases demand, not decreases it, particularly among youth.

Wow! Thanks for the perspective. Can you tell me where you live that has these permissive rules?