RYAN TURNER PROPS!

I meant to do this weeks ago.....but major props go out to Ryan Turner for helping Memphis Sound during their Semis performance in Pasadena.

Many people now know they had a bus breakdown and only the pit was on the field when Ryan made the corps announcement....then Mempho comes hauling in, sets up, proceeds to blow the stands back in a recovery of epic proportions....and they forgot to lock the brakes on the DM podium!

Now...I've been up on a podium that was very wobbly (Gulf Coast Sound's one at 04 DCA prelims....VERY scary....it never stopped moving!), and it can really distract the DM from the job of conducting the show.

Ryan ran out and attempted to lock the brakes down, then hold the podium steady for much of the show.

Good goin', Turner!!

Good man!

It was a pleasure to meet him in Pasadena.

Well...you couldn't very well miss that shirt!

I missed your show that day, Penguin....got dehydrated and had to leave teh stands as you were setting up....asaw you guys at Bakersfield, tho....nice show....even if i AM getting tired of WSS!!!

awesome. great job Mr. Turner.

~>conner

When I read the title, I thought you were referring to a Ryan H. Turner Action figure or something.

But kudos to Ryan!

1st in a series of great DCI Drum Majors of the past...collect 'em all!

Next Drum Major "ACTION" figure is the drum major from THE TROOPERS !!!!

Don't be too disappointed though, all it does is stand there and waits for the national party to get some kind of armed protection !!! :ph34r: