Coolest...bus driver...ever.

On the trip to west haven we stopped to practice on a little field behind some houses. We were getting ready to leave when some of us smelled smoke. When we went to check it out, we saw a house fire, and didnt know if anyone was in there. Our bus driver, an ex cop, broke a first floor window and opened it so he could climb in and make sure everyone was out of the house. Once he saw that it was clear, he waited for the fire department to get there and walked back to the bus. I patched up his small cuts, and he got in his seat to drive us to the school without any desire for thanks or any recognition.

I don't know about you, but this has DEFINATELY been a memorable season, on field and off.

On the trip to west haven we stopped to practice on a little field behind some houses. We were getting ready to leave when some of us smelled smoke. When we went to check it out, we saw a house fire, and didnt know if anyone was in there. Our bus driver, an ex cop, broke a first floor window and opened it so he could climb in and make sure everyone was out of the house. Once he saw that it was clear, he waited for the fire department to get there and walked back to the bus. I patched up his small cuts, and he got in his seat to drive us to the school without any desire for thanks or any recognition.

I don't know about you, but this has DEFINATELY been a memorable season, on field and off.

:laugh:

wow, thats pretty awesome

WOW.... :laugh:

was your rehearsal field near the beach on top of a hill. I could hear another drum corps rehearsing from SUN's rehearsal field, was it you guys?

was your rehearsal field near the beach on top of a hill. I could hear another drum corps rehearsing from SUN's rehearsal field, was it you guys?

It was next to a ShopRite. I don't know if we were next to a beach.

Brian has got to be my absolute favorite bus driver ever. He's really an awesome guy and great to have as a drum corps driver. I bet you've all had those drivers who just really hate driving to shows or whatnot, but he actually enjoys it. Heck, he's even gone on retreat with us.

Another story - when our bus broke down on the way to Syracuse, he promised us no matter what, he would make sure we got to the show in time. He had to stay back with the broken down bus while we made our way to Syracuse with the new bus, but he called us right before we went on the field to say he was on his way. He made it just in time to go out on retreat with us.

I think every corps needs a Brian :)