• Sunrisers
    • SoCal Dream
    • Alliance
    • Fusion Core
    • Chops, Inc.
    • Gulf Coast Sound
    • Lakeshoremen
    • White Sabers

Chops traditionally has a long-weekend trip in July that used to be for the DCM Championship, but lately has been for "special" DCI shows (Kalamazoo, Indy, Traverse City). With a little extra funding, we could go to the West instead of further East...

The issue is, of course, $$$. Somebody drop a substantial donation with an earmark our way and I'm sure we'd be there in a heartbeat.

Count Sun in on that trip....with how hot it was Saturday CA would be a very nice change and an awesome trip. Cab fare is a diff. story..LOL...Maybe Bill Gates could fund this one...LOL..

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - now

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a tough decision for me being that i have strong family ties to two of the "all-age" corps from Minnesota! I have always liked Alliance's program and how far they have come together in a short time!

Then again, The score isn't that important anyways! Just have fun and perform your arshes off.

Good luck to all!!!!! :music:

Edited by contraphanatic

my GUESSES

Sun

Govies

Alliance

Thanks for the vote of confidence! We're gonna work our butts off this weekend to try and make your guess a reality. Should be a real tough tussle up in Rachacha this weekend, can't wait!

So, of the 118 people who voted so far...

...94 say that the Govies will be in Finals.

...80 say that Sun will be in Finals.

...54 say that Dream will be in Finals.

...40 say that Alliance will be in Finals.

...49 say that Fusion will be in Finals.

...20 say that Chops will be in Finals.

...10 say that GCS will be in Finals.

...5 say that LSM will be in Finals.

...2 say that the Sabers will be in Finals.

Looks like the consensus is that Govies and Sun are sure things, while the last spot is a 3-horse race. I guess the next step is to figure the odds, take bets, and hire Crown's assistant DM to do announcements.

So, of the 118 people who voted so far...

...94 say that the Govies will be in Finals.

...80 say that Sun will be in Finals.

...54 say that Dream will be in Finals.

...40 say that Alliance will be in Finals.

...49 say that Fusion will be in Finals.

...20 say that Chops will be in Finals.

...10 say that GCS will be in Finals.

...5 say that LSM will be in Finals.

...2 say that the Sabers will be in Finals.

Looks like the consensus is that Govies and Sun are sure things, while the last spot is a 3-horse race. I guess the next step is to figure the odds, take bets, and hire Crown's assistant DM to do announcements.

Nothing is a sure thing....we will work our butts off to make it so...LOL....

I guess the main point is that ANY of these corps can win this thing. Many of us have not seen one another yet, so we all don't know. This is an exciting weekend coming up that is for sure. Having been in DCA championship shows for the last 28 years or so, this is one of the first true NATIONAL meetings to determine a winner. I can not recall a DCA championship with a race this tight in class A or open. It should be exciting. One point I have always felt in all these years. Wether you are in the Top open class corps or last place overall...we all have to work just as hard individually. We sweat, practice, gasp, march and run all summer, all trying to be the best we can be, regardless of anything else. I wish all the best of luck this weekend and hope all enjoy whatever takes place. Be well and be Proud...I think we have ALL earned that!

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - ?

... I wish all the best of luck this weekend and hope all enjoy whatever takes place. Be well and be Proud...I think we have ALL earned that!

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - ?

Well said John! It's really exciting seeing DCA grow every year, and the success of Class A is a great indicator of this growth.

It's really nothing short of a miracle that so many of us can get our corps off the ground (or sustain our corps) and all the way to Rochester. Your quarter century plus of involvement with your corps is an inspiration, I truly hope to have that kind of sig someday.

Wish the best of success for all of us, and a very safe trip.

Agreed... I was just going with what the masses seem to be guessing.

I guess the main point is that ANY of these corps can win this thing. Many of us have not seen one another yet, so we all don't know. This is an exciting weekend coming up that is for sure. Having been in DCA championship shows for the last 28 years or so, this is one of the first true NATIONAL meetings to determine a winner. I can not recall a DCA championship with a race this tight in class A or open. It should be exciting. One point I have always felt in all these years. Wether you are in the Top open class corps or last place overall...we all have to work just as hard individually. We sweat, practice, gasp, march and run all summer, all trying to be the best we can be, regardless of anything else. I wish all the best of luck this weekend and hope all enjoy whatever takes place. Be well and be Proud...I think we have ALL earned that!

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - ?

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - ?

Hey Clougher, when did you become so philosof-whatever? You forgot to mention that you marched with your kid! Old guy......

Good Luck and remember "The Sun Always Shines at DCA" :laugh: