THANK YOU FROM ROCHESTER!

On behalf of Monroe County, the City of Rochester, the Greater Rochester Visitor's Association & the Empire Statesmen I'd like to say THANK YOU to all who attended the 2007 DCA World Championships. All weekend I heard great things. Friday kicked off a great start on Main Street downtown and both Saturday & Sunday went very smooth at the Stadium. Our Police Department had a good time with all the Corps members and the fans. I chatted with them at around 11pm on Sunday night (while all the Corps were playing in the street after finals) and they had nothing but good things to say about the entire weekend.

Thank you to Gil Silva & the DCA Board of Directors for their support over the past year in the planning stages of this huge event.

Thank you to all the Local Committee members & volunteers!

Thank you to the PAETEC crew!

Thank you to the weather Gods!!!!!!!!

Congrats go out to Sun and the Bucs for winning the 2007 titles!

We look forward to hosting this great event during 2008 & 2009.

Thank you again!

Thanks, Allen, for all of your hard work to deliver a great championship event.

Thanks, Allen, for all of your hard work to deliver a great championship event.

I didn't do it alone... but Thank you for the nice words. Congrats on another Championship win!

Allen.......it was a simply mahvelous weekend. Best Championship weekend I can remember in many years.

One thing still worries me tho. Did you have to make a human sacrifice for the weather?

Allen.......it was a simply mahvelous weekend. Best Championship weekend I can remember in many years.

One thing still worries me tho. Did you have to make a human sacrifice for the weather?

Let me tell you... I started watching the weather 15 days before the Championships. It was like 100 pounds was lifted off my shoulders when I saw it was going to be clear. We SO deserved this!!!! It is much easier to deal with some of the drama that comes along with running a show of this size when the sun is out. Now I'll start worring about next year!

Thanks for a great "retirement" championships!!

I've heard that more than once.... :doh:

Allen,

I simply can't say enough about the excellent job you, Dave Bruni, the entire Empire family, Rochester city, Paetec Park, and the police did for '07!

The Rochester Police were exceptional. When one spotted me spinning a Borg cube, wearing a Hawaiian shirt with a tribble sticking out of my pocket, he thought, "Just another drum corps fan," and went on his way.

Start making the human sacrifices for next year's weather.

Mr. Buell, thank you very much for an awesome weekend. I had a wonderful time in your great city and I had many awesome memories to take home with me that I will cherish forever. Thank you very much again