Currrent Unbroken Streaks

Congrats to the Reading Buccaneers for their third consecutive DCA Championship, on their 50th Anniversary no less. Their 3-season undefeated streak is very noteworthy.

And, the Hawthorne Caballeros streak of having been in every DCA Finals since they first attended in 1966 (DCA's second season of existence) is extremely impressive. Their 3 Championships in a row (72-74, DCA's first trifecta) were a likewise a glorious run. Congrats to them in their runner-up position for 2007.

However, there was another streak extended on Sunday night that I find every bit as impressive, and I'd like to take a moment to congratulate the corps involved for its achievement, because it is unparalleled in DCA, maybe in all of drum corps.

The Empire Statesmen's 3rd place finish in 2007 means that this corps has finished in the Top 4 for 20 consecutive years. Not since the rain-soaked Prelims at Allentown in 1987 has more than 3 corps beaten the Empire Statesmen. They completed 10 straight years in the 1990's never out of the Top 3, and in fact were named the DCA Corps of the 90's. Considering that the corps has existed for only 25 seasons (placing 11, 11, 10, 8, & 8 for the first five), their rise was rapid, and their staying power strong.

The placings in that time span tell the tale:

4th - four times (88, 89, 00, 01)

3rd - five times (95, 96, 99, 03, 07)

2nd - six times (90, 92, 93, 02, 05, 06)

1st - five times (91, 94, 97, 98, 04)

Congratulations to David Bruni and the Empire Statesmen for a great 2007 show, an impressive last 20 years, and moving forward to an equally impressive 25th anniversary next season.

And it all started because of a little drum corps called The Renegades.

on a similiar and yet unrelated topic, CV just won the I & E chorus championship for the 8th straight year.

had a blast doing it!

please continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

on a similiar and yet unrelated topic, CV just won the I & E chorus championship for the 8th straight year.

had a blast doing it!

please continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

Do Mi Sol Mi Do So Do

Congrats

The Empire Statesmen's 3rd place finish in 2007 means that this corps has finished in the Top 4 for 20 consecutive years. Not since the rain-soaked Prelims at Allentown in 1987 has more than 3 corps beaten the Empire Statesmen. They completed 10 straight years in the 1990's never out of the Top 3, and in fact were named the DCA Corps of the 90's. Considering that the corps has existed for only 25 seasons (placing 11, 11, 10, 8, & 8 for the first five), their rise was rapid, and their staying power strong.

The placings in that time span tell the tale:

4th - four times (88, 89, 00, 01)

3rd - five times (95, 96, 99, 03, 07)

2nd - six times (90, 92, 93, 02, 05, 06)

1st - five times (91, 94, 97, 98, 04)

Congratulations to David Bruni and the Empire Statesmen for a great 2007 show, an impressive last 20 years, and moving forward to an equally impressive 25th anniversary next season.

Dale,

this is truly amazing, and is a testament to the strength of the program they have there in Rochester. Great job this year Empire, and may you find many more years of success!

Bill

CV has placed 9th 3 years in a row now.

James Christian of Gulf Coast Sound has won the multi-tom/tenor percussion category at the DCA I&E show for 55 consecutive years, always with a score of 95 or better.

Or perhaps it only seems it's been that long. :P

Fran

The Empire Statesmen are really proud of this accomplishment. Consistence is something we strive for. This is still part of Mr. B's legacy and something he used to talk to us about under the tree when it would get too hott and the corps needed a little breather.......The man told the best drum corps stories ever. I used to love sitting in his living room listening to him....He will always be the best!!!!!!