Inconsistant judging

cire

How does one corps get placed 1st in multiple captions.. where another corps gets dead last by the same judge

and then the 2nd judge gives that first corps dead last, and the other corps first in all captions.

With this happening in multiple captions

When Robots judge maybe everyone will be happy, but I guess then people will question the programmers. An old friend of mine used to say no one is ever happy but the winners, it is so true.

When Robots judge maybe everyone will be happy, but I guess then people will question the programmers. An old friend of mine used to say no one is ever happy but the winners, it is so true.

The truth of the matter is, like you said...humans are judging. There's politics. There's local bias. Bad indigestion. Maybe one of the corps songs reminds the judge of an old girlfriend. Whatever.

With most people, when "their" corps loses, it's politics. When "their" corps wins, they deserved it.

However, I will say, the original poster's question does deserve some wonderment. I mean, it's not like one judge saw a corps as 1st place and the other judge saw it as 2nd place. If the division really is that wide where one judge saw Corps A as first place and Corps B as last place, and the other judge saw the exact opposite, it's worth wondering.

I'm someone who doesn't give a #### about scores and judges sheets, so I have no idea: is there a "critique" after DCA?

I'm going to assume you're talking about the effect recap in Class A finals.

1. There are only 3 corps, so "first" to "last" is not that far a leap.

2. They are "effect" captions, the most subjective captions.

3. The spreads are not that big, and the judges were pretty consistent.

4. That's why there are double panels.

5. ...

ehhh, math is boring, placements are irrelevant, resistance is futile!!!

With most people, when "their" corps loses, it's politics. When "their" corps wins, they deserved it.

That's very true..

But if it was something consistent within the judging community then sure.. the scores were probably correct. And I wasn't saying one corps should have gotten first, and the other third.. or the other way around.. I'm just asking about the consistency. The #2 placed corps was judged consistently within both judges of each of those captions, so obviously they must have been seeing the same thing.

Does an open class corps who gets moved to class A have more going for them than a class A corps who has not been around DCA from the beginning?

However, I will say, the original poster's question does deserve some wonderment. I mean, it's not like one judge saw a corps as 1st place and the other judge saw it as 2nd place. If the division really is that wide where one judge saw Corps A as first place and Corps B as last place, and the other judge saw the exact opposite, it's worth wondering.

That's all I was getting at.

Can't wait for the videos

I think that cire is talking about the Effect Scores for Class A where this did happen.

Visual Effect 1 Dream 1st

Visual Effect 2 Dream 3rd

Music Effect 1 Dream 3rd

Music Effect 2 Dream 1st

How does one corps get placed 1st in multiple captions.. where another corps gets dead last by the same judge

and then the 2nd judge gives that first corps dead last, and the other corps first in all captions.

With this happening in multiple captions

This is the second thread you've jumped into and made aspersions about the final outcome. Sour grapes?

Seems like all the rest of the class A corps in finals agreed with the judging.

Might be interesting to see some info in your profile - like who you are, where you march/ed, etc.