Cabs Open House 2008 - November 25th 2007

I'm very excited for a brand new experience in both corps and horn!

Come see me make a fool out of myself :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very excited for a brand new experience in both corps and horn!

Come see me make a fool out of myself :)

I'm sure you will be proficient with your new corps and horn... But I can't wait to get started.. How many days left now Oh yeah 18 days left

I read it fast and thought it said "mark your DOT books". I put so much effort into mine for the 2007 season, I framed it.

See ya'll on the 25th.

Yeah! Me too. :drool:

Who knew Ponzo started out his musical career as a sax player! :blink:

Yep....this is VERY true.... :blink:

Tenor Sax....started in 7th grade....was the only 7th grader (at the time) to make the All-City Concert Band! Was also accepted to the Fiorello Laguardia HS of the Performing Arts before I moved to Long Island in 1978. Then joined a Fire Department Drum Corps the summer I moved from NYC to LI and my sax career was over. :(

Sorry....back on topic now....(and I hope you all don't mind me putting my 2 cents in...)

If your still on the fence on where to spend next summer, and EVERY summer after that, then I would definitely suggest the HAWTHORNE CABALLEROS!!

When I joined the Cabs, I thought I was a lifer in the previous corps I marched with. I needed a break after the 1989 season, and I just happened to go to the post the night of their 1989 post season meeting. What I didn't expect was to get a chance to talk to the famous Jim Costello, meet some of the most amazing people, and to walk out of the post that night, with my membership application signed, sealed and delivered! My time with the Cabs has been nothing short of a roller coaster ride filled with unbelieveable emotions. You will all understand what I mean after you get your application at the open house, and start your season with (as Mike Durborrow would say) "THE GREATEST DRUM CORPS EVER TO STEP ON A FOOTBALL FIELD"!!!

Believe me....you won't regret it one bit! :drool::drool::drool:

Now...back to your regularly scheduled programs.....

Cabs is definitely a great place to check out!

I came in mid-season 2005, reluctantly. I didn't know what to expect, but I did NOT expect what I ended up getting when I got there. I showed up at Wildwood on Friday night, and I was in the family before midnight. I remember I was scared, that I wasn't gonna get along with people, I was gonna be a loner (as I commonly am) and was I ever wrong. Went back to the fire house, and was instantly in conversation with some amazing people. Walked the Boardwalk, played the show the next day, and began one of the BEST experiences of my life. People like to talk about a family experience at drum corps. I truly experienced it with Cabs, and made some of the best friends of my life that year. 2006 only got better.

Seriously, if you're not sure where to march, show up at Hawthorne. Sitting at the post talking to some of the guys have been some of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. Never mind what we do on the field!

(Psst, November 25, 12 noon, Post 199, in case you hadn't heard)

Quite a few people once told me between 10 and 12 years ago when I was with another team, that I would never regret my decision to be a Caballero.

I dismissed it, as I was loyal to that other team at the time.

I have thanked those people again, and again. And want to thank them again.

The people that came into my life more than 10 years ago:

Timmy Campbell, Frank Ponzo, Sean Glennon, Fran Alise (MacIntyre), Rose Cataneo, and Chris Mignemi.

The people that made me feel welcome and helped me make the decision to stay with the corps March 15-16, 2003:

Josh Katz (my Partner of Peeling Paint), Matt Dodd, Mike Durburow, Chris Fontanelle, Mark Spinney and Sean Glennon (Pain and Panic -- I love you like brothers and want to beat you like red headed step children! You are both amazing and great friends), Mike Longdo, Gary Gill, Louie Stork (thanks for the drink Louie!), John and Rob Gerdes, (for helping me truly understand what it means to don kickpleats and proving to you both that I wasn't "trouble"), Bobby Delaney, Brian Grilk.

God, the list goes on. But these people made it EASY to become a Caballero for my first year.

To really "get it", spend more than 3 years with my beloved Caballeros, and you will NEVER want to leave.

CABALLERO PRIDE!

Edited by CabsMello03

Quite a few people once told me between 10 and 12 years ago when I was with another team, that I would never regret my decision to be a Caballero.

I dismissed it, as I was loyal to that other team at the time.

I have thanked those people again, and again. And want to thank them again.

The people that came into my life more than 10 years ago:

Timmy Campbell, Frank Ponzo, Sean Glennon, Fran Alise (MacIntyre), Rose Cataneo, and Chris Mignemi.

The people that made me feel welcome and helped me make the decision to stay with the corps March 15-16, 2003:

Josh Katz (my Partner of Peeling Paint), Matt Dodd, Mike Durburow, Chris Fontanelle, Mark Spinney and Sean Glennon (Pain and Panic -- I love you like brothers and want to beat you like red headed step children! You are both amazing and great friends), Mike Longdo, Gary Gill, Louie Stork (thanks for the drink Louie!), John and Rob Gerdes, (for helping me truly understand what it means to don kickpleats and proving to you both that I wasn't "trouble"), Bobby Delaney, Brian Grilk.

God, the list goes on. But these people made it EASY to become a Caballero for my first year.

To really "get it", spend more than 3 years with my beloved Caballeros, and you will NEVER want to leave.

CABALLERO PRIDE!

Glad your not excited to be in the corps Laura LOL

I love unsolicited stories...

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the Open House. November 25th 2007....

Come check out the 2008 Caballeros you will be glad you did..

Speaking of stories will we be telling stories at Post 199 on the 24th. I've heard them all but maybe after a drink, I can hear them again.