Rochester DCA people - I have an idea!

i gotta admit ~ it really disappoints me to see some people basically saying that what was done doesn't matter because of the condition of the neighborhood that surrounds the stadium.

if that's the attitude that will prevail in this activity ~ IMO we're in big big trouble. and that's a shame because honestly i do think we're better than that. :(

Tom ~ you're idea was a great one. :laugh:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how many drum corps were from the (immediate) area in question? At least 7-8 as late as the sixties. Thats only a few blocks from Dutchtown, that had 3-4 of its own corps. Dutchtown Ramblers, Lancers, Grey Knight Squires, Emerald Cadets and the Statesmen all had members from that area when we were kids. Throw in Crusaders, Grey Knights senior and Phoenix as well.

A lot of guys from that area still are participating in St. Joes Alumni, and the Crusaders...including the director and asst director of Cru...Gary G. still lives in the area. Mike grew up in Dutchtown.

Those streets are rougher than when we grew up there, they were kinda rough in the seventies, but that doesnt mean they deserve to littered upon by DCA corps. If the locals do it, oh well...

Mr.B wouldnt like this!

Donny from Dutchtown

Sunrisers always bag thier garbadge and take it on the back of the truck.....which reminds me that the hotel had the dumpster cage locked so it is STILL THERE.....EEeeeeewwwwwwww......LOL.....I'll get it at Saturdays parade...LOL...

JC

I just saw the story on RNews:

http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=529...amp;category=10

It's been on every hour on the hour ... ouch!

Here's my idea:

There's one more Rhinos soccer game - this Saturday 9/8.

Let's get the local community group together along with EVERY AND ANY WNY drum corps person who can make it, call RNEWS and let them know that DCA owes them one, and we'll clean up the parking lots on Sunday 9/9 at 9am.

Allen Buell: Can you get the media there?

Gary Goldstein: Can you get the community group there?

Who's In? My hand's up.

Let's kick this around on DCP, and if we can make this happen AND get as much publicity for cleaning up as we did for, well, NOT cleaning up, then let's do it.

Tom Allen

UPDATE: 9/7/07

Operation Sunday Clean Up is off.

I have been assured me that everything has been cleared up at the highest levels (by future Mayor Allen Buell, of course)

Thanks to all who emailed me to volunteer... sleep in Sunday.