Mike Jackson gone?

pmarr

I had heard that Jackson got fired from Vanguard. I thought his approach and style were amazing. Not only did he keep the laid back SCV vibe/groove but thought his writing was as good as Casella's (actually I liked it better). Word round the campfire is they are trying to fetch Murray Gussack again. Any truth to these rumors? anyone??

He is still listed on the SCV website as a percussion arranger.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Jackson's website has deleted his association with SCV.

http://www.jacksonpercussion.com/jackson.html

w/Stp:

• 5 weeks later...

The Answer is: Murray Gusseck is back with SCV, which means hello Martian Mambo and Double Beat among other things, I'm fine with this as long as he doesnt have the snareline play matched grip

I don't know anyone who marches there now, but I know people who are vets from the mid 90's on and were at finals this past summer. But yes, they told me that after I was telling them about how he wrote the percussion book for the show I'm teaching. I like his writing too, not better then Jim's or anyone else that I like, but his stuff is very fun to teach and play. I just hope that if Murray is back, that they don't do the match grip thing again. I liked the show the last time they went match grip, but I think they need to bring back the tilt. It just fits so well with SCV.

Edited by BigDrum247