DCI Telecast

How do you think ESPN did? I would still like to see more corps with more shots from the pressbox.

All in all, I thought it was well done.

I wonder if I will be around to see the DCA Championships televised like this. They could even show some of the Alumni Corps, to show what it used to be like, back in the day.

( Watching it in HD looks great with better sound ).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I taped it. I think the time slot was a bit too late for an east coast audience. I don't think too many non-corps folks are going to stay up 'til midnight watching a "band show". What's worse is the re-play. Two one-hour slots at 2:00 p.m. eastern time. Not only is it bad timing for an adult audience, but high school band kids are still in class or are getting ready for an after-school rehearsal.

i thought it was ok. dca should partner up with espn to do the finals. it would be a great marketing tool. dca seems to stand pat on innovations like this. there crowds are so small they probably think if the televised it the crowds would be less. not a lot of good thinking going on in dca. just my opinion

i admit it ~ i fell asleep. :(

but i was informed this morning that the Blue Devils still won. :grouphug: :lolhit: :music:

How do you think ESPN did? I would still like to see more corps with more shots from the pressbox.

I wonder if I will be around to see the DCA Championships televised like this. They could even show some of the Alumni Corps, to show what it used to be like, back in the day.

I guess it was well done, if you consider they have to balance the appeal to non drum corps people as well as "drum corps nuts", (how's that for an old saying?)I don't think it flowed very well. The interviews, not the history flashbacks, slowed things done considerably.

The shows were great, the kids are incredible. The type of production, themed, gimmicky shows full of props don't work for me though. I know it's just me, but what they do on the field seems silly to me. I freely admit my old fart bias here.

In anycase, as good as they are, the shows resemble, for me, what a college production of say, "CATS", with costumes from Halloween Adventure stores would be like.

As for broadcasting Alumni corps to show what it used to be like. Pardon me, I'm laughing. Some alumni corps are truly a credit to what "used to be", but most of us? My God! I hope we were better than what we are now! :P

Talk about limited practice time!

Edited by Martybucs

Agree.....much better show that last year....looks like a return of the PBS way they did things and I like it. Also agreed that they could have used a few more overhead shots especially Cavies & PR.

No TV? How would you watch it?

There are these wacky new contraptions called computers. Being that the person posted to an Internet site, there's at least a 90.56% chance they have one.

:)

Edited by Michael Boo