To all Past and Present Sunrisers

To all Past and Present Sunrisers, Thank you and Congratulations. The class A championship that has been won by the 2007 edition of the Sunrisers could not have done it without you. Let me explain why I feel this way.

The journey, the quest for this championship did not start last fall in my opinion. It started over 5 years ago. With the corps being inactive for a couple of years, the members of the corps who helped bring the corps back started the Journey with the Sunriser MiniCorps. With out the peeople who were involved to make that happen, this past weekend would not have happened. The second place finish in 2003 in class A would not have been possible for those persons either. The continued growth of the Sunrisers over the past few years still originates from those few people. I want to thank them.

For all members of the Sunrisersin the past five years, who may or may not be with the corps currently, Thank You. If it was not for your time spent with the corps, to help keep the Sunrisers on the competition, and the parading streets, We, the current corps would not be wearing medals to our respective jobs and schools. Everyone involved in keeping the Sunriser name alive, whether you were a parent giving your kid a ride, a wife or a husband, giving up your time so your spous could march in the corps, opening your house, your cars, for rides, providing housing and food, making alterations on uniforms, helping someone out with dues, instructing for free, driving a few hours after friday night practice to pick up a horn because a new person joined the corp that night, I thank you and congratulate you on a job well done last weekend. Because of the everyone involved with the Sunriser family over the past years, last weekend would not have been possible.

You all deserved to be on that field for retreat and receiving a medal for helping keep this great Drum Corps Alive.

From the bottom of my heart,

Thank You

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all Past and Present Sunrisers, Thank you and Congratulations. The class A championship that has been won by the 2007 edition of the Sunrisers could not have done it without you. Let me explain why I feel this way.

The journey, the quest for this championship did not start last fall in my opinion. It started over 5 years ago. With the corps being inactive for a couple of years, the members of the corps who helped bring the corps back started the Journey with the Sunriser MiniCorps. With out the peeople who were involved to make that happen, this past weekend would not have happened. The second place finish in 2003 in class A would not have been possible for those persons either. The continued growth of the Sunrisers over the past few years still originates from those few people. I want to thank them.

For all members of the Sunrisersin the past five years, who may or may not be with the corps currently, Thank You. If it was not for your time spent with the corps, to help keep the Sunrisers on the competition, and the parading streets, We, the current corps would not be wearing medals to our respective jobs and schools. Everyone involved in keeping the Sunriser name alive, whether you were a parent giving your kid a ride, a wife or a husband, giving up your time so your spous could march in the corps, opening your house, your cars, for rides, providing housing and food, making alterations on uniforms, helping someone out with dues, instructing for free, driving a few hours after friday night practice to pick up a horn because a new person joined the corp that night, I thank you and congratulate you on a job well done last weekend. Because of the everyone involved with the Sunriser family over the past years, last weekend would not have been possible.

You all deserved to be on that field for retreat and receiving a medal for helping keep this great Drum Corps Alive.

Thank You

No, thank YOU, Josh.... and the rest of the members, staff and support crew of the the '07 Sunrisers. You were the folks who did the heavy lifting, the hard work... you were the ones who kept plugging away despite some bumps in the road along the journey.

Most of us alums were simply cheering you on from the sidelines. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.

Fran

It's great to have the Sunrisers back. One of my favorites of all time.

Thank You

Bravo and well said Josh!!!

Thanks to ALL!

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - ?

Thanks for the kind words Josh. I'm very proud of what you've accomplished over the years. Take it to the next level!

Regards,

Congratulations, Sun! You did a great job!

Lisa

Thank youy larry for getting me involved with the Sunriser Famliy

Go Sunrisers! I remember seeing them back in the late 70's at a Hurcs home show. I think it was one of their championship years. They opened with Crown Imperial on a cool crispy night and blew my face off. I can get in serious trouble for saying this.....but they did it better than 27. :)

Go Sunrisers! I remember seeing them back in the late 70's at a Hurcs home show. I think it was one of their championship years. They opened with Crown Imperial on a cool crispy night and blew my face off. I can get in serious trouble for saying this.....but they did it better than 27. :)

Wow, thanks for the compliment. I loved playing Crown that year in 1979. We actually took 3rd that year after rewriting almost the entire drill mid season. We had a monster drum line that year with 10 snares. We won DCA in 1977 and 1978 and were trying to three peat in '79.

Crown Imperial was strong and tight that year. Thanks again for the compliment.

In fact, there are links after my name below to pics of the 1979 drum line with the smoke. I'm the snare on the left side on the end. Those were my skinny days!

Edited by SunSnare83

You're right Josh, this is something that started a few years ago. Remember Anna Grundle (Haha I can't even remember the real name of the school) last year in the pouring rain? You came up to me after we marched off the field, and we were both in tears, and you said you didn't know what "it" was, but you left it all on the field. It's been a great thing, first marching then watching the corps grow to the point it's at now.

Congratulations to you, and to everyone else in the 2007 Sunrisers... You made this alum proud :)