SCV 99 and Cadets 07

Addressing the topic, I liked SCV's better for one reason: the mellophone part that Cadets left out. Cadets performed it better I thought, but right as I'm really getting into it, it just goes silent where the mello line should be, and that totally lost it for me. Both were great overall though.

Now wait just a minute, how come no one is asking the other relevant question...Song of Aeeolus: Cadets 07 vs. Esperanza 04? Or for that matter, 1000 Airplanes on the Roof: Phantom 07 vs...also Esperanza 04. I liked Esperanza 04!

But seriously, I've only seen SCV's version on video, so I think I'll have to wait for this year's DVD to make an informed decision. That shot of the snares rocking out with the cymbals in '99...SO sweet! :laugh:

I honestly loved Esperanza in 04, but their show just sounded a bit out of control compared to the Cadets and Phantom this year. But I've been wondering the exact same thing.

But at PC in 04, I think we went on immediately after them at about 95% of our shows, so that is the song that will always be ingrained into my mind as my pre-show hype!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic