SCV 99 and Cadets 07

I dunno. I'm a huge Jay Bocook fan, but for some reason I just liked SCV's take on it better. I'm not even talking about which version was "truer" to the original, I just thought it fit more into Vanguard's show. It was a great closer, a great powerful, musical ending to their musically focused rest of the show. With Cadets it just seemed sorta trite. I dunno...it's one of those pieces I wouldn't like to hear for a few years. Now Malagueña on the other hand... :doh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely prefer SCV's much more aggressive approach. There really is no comparison -yes, what Cadets did was technically amazing, it just didn't have the same sizzle that SCV did.

Yeah, I vote SCV. Cadets seemed much more playful and light hearted, where SCV is, well, the angry Santa Clara that I like. The ending is just awesome!

SCV, but I did love the ensemble bits and the solo in Cadets.

Yeah....even i say scv. Cadets version was good, and I certainly like their drill better, but scv's was stronger for obvious reasons (mainly its place and purpose in the show)

I like them both, a lot.

~>conner

SCV's arrangement was better, but Cadets performed theirs' much better. I think the way SCV sounded during Shades should have kept them from the championship in 99. . .they sounded very ragged.